VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me what percent of my diet is raw??

BREAKFAST: organic yoghurt and fruit and raw oats

snacks: raw nuts , seeds , fruit and dried fruit

LUNCH: tofu , large raw salad, seeds, sprouted grain bread

DINNER: egg , with lightly steamed veggies + cooked pumpkin or more bread

SUPPER: mix of mabey yoghurt,bread, raw mushrooms??

i get confushed with what foods are cooked , are dried fruit s cooked and is sprouted bread cooked>?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
These are the raw items in your diet:

-fruit and raw oats (not sure if yogurt is considred raw, it is probably made made from pasteurized milk so most likely not)

-all the snacks

-all of lunch (not sure if tofu is considred raw)

- the veggies are raw only if they do not exeed 46*C

- bread is not raw, raw mushrooms are raw, and not sure about yogurt

- not sure about sprouted bread, and dried fruit is only raw if it does not exeed 46*C

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Things are your list that are not raw:

Tofu, yogurt, sprouted grain bread, all of dinner

Dried fruit most definitely can be raw. It depends on what temperature it was dehydrated at.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Legumes usually are not suitable for eating raw, with the exception of peas. Some beans, such as red kidney beans, are actually toxic when raw. However, if you sprout them, they're safe to eat raw.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

Legumes usually are not suitable for eating raw, with the exception of peas. Some beans, such as red kidney beans, are actually toxic when raw. However, if you sprout them, they're safe to eat raw.
I haven't had good luck sprouting legumes - I stick to alfalfa, mustard, broccoli, buckwheat, etc.

·
Registered
260 Posts
In answer to your question - try going to www.fitday.com and putting in your menu and seeing the total calories. Then add up the calories of all the raw items and divide that by the total calories and you should get a percentage of how much of your menu is raw.

I'm not math expert, but that's the way I've been doing it and it seems to work.

Hope that helps!

Tam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.