VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puppy's Mouth Wired Shut.

Quote:
CARROLLTON, TX -- There's a $6,000 reward for information in a case of animal cruelty in north Texas.

Diane Leslie and her husband David found a little dog in a neighborhood in Carrollton with wire wrapped around its mouth.

The nine-pound spaniel-terrier mix now has nerve damage and stitches where the wire was wrapped.

"Our guess, and it's only a guess, is that somebody didn't want her barking," said Jonnie England of Carrollton's Operation Kindness. "She's wagging her tail. See her little tale wagging? And she's giving kisses. Yes she likes to give kisses."

Operation Kindness is caring for the dog now.

Volunteers there have named her Angel and say she's doing much better now.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...?storyid=79896

How can people do things like this?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Tha is terrible. That poor dog! I hope he gets a good home!

My sister's ex boyfriend (thank goodness for the ex part) got a new puppy (a poodle chiuahua mix) that would not stop barking when he was put in to the crate for the night. Apperently he got annoyed by the dog and put rubberbands around his muzzle so that he could not open it! I was shocked to hear that! He took them off in the morning but still, that had to be so traumatic for the poor thing. He seems to be really nice and spoil it now but I can't believe someone could do that to a puppy! What a jerk!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Nusense barking is a very serious issue to some people. Let's talk eviction and being forced to give up the dog. So they resort to things like debarking operations out of desperation. I was like:
when I read that.

Difficult situations force people to make difficult and sometimes unethical choices that they might not have if they are not in that situation. Does it justify doing something cruel to stop the nunsense barking?, no it just explains motive.

·
Registered
715 Posts

That is sooo sad! What a cute little puppy! Oh my god, it just makes me sick that people can be like this. I hope they catch and lock up the jerk who would do this to an innocent little puppy.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Quote:
CARROLLTON, TX -- There's a $6,000 reward for information in a case of animal cruelty in north Texas.
wait... animal testing laboratories do worse things all the time but they are legally o.k.?

hmm

Re: story itself : /facepalm +
+
that the dog is alright.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if it would be at all possible to keep such discriptive stuff out of thread titles like this. I don't know about anyone else, but just reading "puppy had it's mouth wired shut" makes me feel bad without reading the story. I avoid reading stuff like that because it upsets me so. Maybe it can be edited?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SotallyTober View Post

I wonder if it would be at all possible to keep such discriptive stuff out of thread titles like this. I don't know about anyone else, but just reading "puppy had it's mouth wired shut" makes me feel bad without reading the story. I avoid reading stuff like that because it upsets me so. Maybe it can be edited?
I agree. I was avoiding this thread because I knew it'd be something bad. But when I saw the edited title I was forced to follow the link to find out if the puppy was at least still alive. I feel terrible.
Please don't change the titles to something so graphic.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Normally I don't agree with "an eye for an eye", but the sicko that did this should get metal wire strung around their mouth and locked up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SotallyTober View Post

I didn't read the story. I don't need to, nor want to read anything like this, it makes me way to upset. Maybe the title of this thread could be something like "How could people do this? [Warning: Graphic Animal Abuse Story]"?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etnavibes View Post

Normally I don't agree with "an eye for an eye", but the sicko that did this should get metal wire strung around their mouth and locked up.
Poor puppy =[ I can't believe people can be so heartless and cruel, but then I remember how evil people can be to each other. I totally agree with you etnavibes, whoever did this to this poor defenselss animal needs to get a swift kick in the head and then they should have their mouth wired shut.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

I didn't read the story. I don't need to, nor want to read anything like this, it makes me way to upset. Maybe the title of this thread could be something like "How could people do this? [Warning: Graphic Animal Abuse Story]"?
When I created this thread I just put "How on earth can people do that?!" When I came on the next day the other part had been added.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

Nusense barking is a very serious issue to some people. Let's talk eviction and being forced to give up the dog. So they resort to things like debarking operations out of desperation.

Difficult situations force people to make difficult and sometimes unethical choices that they might not have if they are not in that situation.
Those dumb people shouldn't have a damn dog!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts