·
Banned
4,791 Posts
I'm 53.

Repeat after me:

I won't be 13 forever..

I won't be in grade 8 forever..

I won't have school forever...

I won't be dependent on the canteen forever...

Someday....

Life

·
Registered
0 Posts
i will be 31 at the end of June.

i had a horrible geography teacher in highschool who had it in for me and one day decided we should watch a film of baby seals getting their brains bashed in with clubs, their bodies slit open with knifes, their fur stolen, their mothers screaming in the background, good times.

needless to say i ran out of class but not before i caught sight of her laughing at me.

school is an odd bit of torture, but as Life2k said, it does one day end.

learn to stand up for yourself though. you actually have the right not to be treated badly for being a compassionate person.

i wish you well.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
31 here

"needless to say i ran out of class but not before i caught sight of her laughing at me."

-------------------------------------

Some pure evidence that just because someone is an adult and a teacher, it does not make them mature or worthy of offering guidence to young people.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm turning 27 in June, and can honestly say that while there were some memorable moments, my teen years were not my favorite. It gets much, much better as you go along!

I wish when I was 13 that someone would have told me that only a few years later none of it (the stuff you have to go through) would matter anymore. Not to me, or to anyone else! That's a good thing.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

michael_veggie, there is hope, I promise. I had horrible teachers, especially in grades 6 through 8, but you do escape them. It does end, and you'll look back on the times you felt awful, and you'll see how far you've come. I never thought I'd make it this far, but I have 3 days left of school, and then I'm free (until college starts... but I maintain that college or university is NOT like school. ^_^;; ). Hang in there!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Vegankat -- college (or university) is NOT like high school! (If it is, something's not right...) I merely endured the tortures of high school, and then when I got to college I had the best time ever. Made the greatest friends, took awesome classes, actually LEARNED a thing or two (as opposed to high school), and really was able to "be myself" without any worries. You'll love it! Congrats on graduating HS.

·
Registered
950 Posts
hey mike. (michael?). i'm 13 too, turning 14 in a month, except i'm in 9th grade.

3 words for you today:

BRING YOUR LUNCH.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Michael_veggie, Im sorry to hear that your teacher is being so mean. The others are right though, you will get through this and life will get better. Maybe it will get better for you as soon as high school. I absolutely loved my high school. Being there were some of the best years of my life. Hang in there.

Im 23.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
I'm 55 years old.

Yes, I still remember some things about being 13.

Yes, public schools are generally poor in quality. They could easily be much better if most of the "adults" there were more competant at their jobs. Most schools have lots of incompetant teachers and just a few good ones -- whom the incompetant teachers usually don't like -- and they are sometimes trying to plot to get rid of them.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

I hated many (not all) of my high school teachers. Looking back with the benefit of having worked in some lousy jobs, I realize that some of those teachers simply weren't happy with their lot in life. That carries over. Don't let other people's problems affect you.

As for food, it sounds like it's time to "brown-bag" it!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I am 23.

School is much better when you get to college, however, I did have one terriable experience. My senior year of college I took a french 3 class. The last foriegn languae class I needed to graduate. There were only 15 people in the class (most of my classes were 400-800 people). Anyways, if you didn't know something, it would not slide by becasue there were so few of us in the class.

One day he asked me a question and I mispronoucned the anwser. He says , the answer is right here, say it! I said it wrong again. He says what is the matter with you, its right here. Anyways, this went on for a while. I ended up bursting out in tears because it felt like I was being picked on. I'm a shy person in the first place, so this was particiularly hard on me.

Well, I never returned to the class. The great thing about college is that you can drop the classes you hate. I dropped the class and switched languages. I ended up having to take spanish the entire summer (all 3 spanish classes) after my senior year. I am not sorry I did this, I had a much more pleasant experience with the spanish department.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts