VeggieBoards banner

How frequently do you change your underwear?

• 6 times per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 times per week

• 4 times per week

• 3 times per week

• 2 times per week

• once per week

• less frequently than once per week

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This article prompted me to ask: How frequently do YOU change your underwear?

Some Norwegians Change Undies Weekly

AFP

July 10, 2003 Seven percent of Norwegian men and six percent of women wear the same pair of undies for at least a whole week before changing to a fresh pair, according to a new poll out in Norway.

Norwegians with a high level of education change their underwear less often than those with a lower level of schooling, the survey of 1,000 Norwegians conducted by polling institute ACNielsen showed.

However, 65 percent of those questioned say they pull on a fresh pair once a day, while four percent say they change twice a day.

Those least likely to change their knickers are in the 41-50 age range, while 18-to-30 year-olds are the most fastidious, with 73 percent who change daily.

Single men are also more likely to put on clean skivvies than those in a relationship.

Eleven percent of Norwegians change their underwear two to three times a week and 18 percent do so four to six times a week.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
After living in a situation where I only changed clothes once a week tops and only got to bathe maybe half that often, I now change my undies often. I'm just grateful I can! I take a lot of showers too. I always change underwear after my morning shower (after any shower for that matter) and quite often change it when I put on my jammies.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't wear them if I have on dress pants for work...I wear hose. If I do wear them, it's only for a day maybe. If I come home like on a Saturday from running around and being at the park or something and decide to take a shower, I put fresh ones afterwards. Eww...putting the same on is nasty.

·
Banned
559 Posts
i put everyday but i honestly rarely wear the things. i only wear them with jeans and shorts. and i normally wear skirts or sundresses, so yup, the underwear rarely goes on. and if it does, it usually comes off pretty quickly... what???

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
It depends on (1) the weather (2) my level of physical activity.

I put on fresh underwear every time I take a bath (I never shower). How often I take a bath depends on (1) the weather, (2) the level of physical activity I have been working at (3) the level of dust, dirt, soil, chemicals, etcetera, in the place I have been working.

I rarely change my undershorts or undershirt unless I first shower. But I often change my socks more frequently. My feet just feel less tired out if I change my socks once or twice during the day, in addition to putting on a fresh pair in the morning.

If I have been working at my desk, in an air-conditioned room in summer, or working at my desk in winter, I may not bathe every day. I may go up to 3 days between baths and underwear changes. Especially if I am working on something so interesting that I just can't tear myself away from long enough to bath and change. I may not sleep much duirng such periods either -- just take a 2 or 3 hour nap once every 12 hours. If I am working in my garden in the summer, I may bath twice in one day, and put on 3 pairs of undershorts and undershirts, as well as 3 pairs of socks. I'll also need 9 or 10 hours of sleep every day, after doing such demanding physical labor, in heat, dust, and dirt.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.