VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a heavy water drinker for at least 10 years. I probably drink about 3/4 gallon a day. I only drink bottle water - Arrowhead. Are there better brands than others?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I typically drink maybe 2 glasses of water a day. I know, not enough. I'm trying to increase my water intake.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Mine varies, depending how much fresh produce I'm getting. I tend to drink less water when I get quite a bit from my food.

I'm not that picky. I hate wasting all that plastic, so I have two 2.5 gallon bottles, and one 1-gallon that I keep and I refill with those water refill machines at the grocery store. That water has no taste, and is 39 cents a gallon.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I try something radical...I just drink when I am thirsty. I don't really measure how much water I drink, but it can vary depending on how thirsty I am.

I know...completely revolutionary!

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
I try to drink 3/4 to a gallon a day.

For U.S residents, my advice is to check where the water in the bottles comes from, lots are from "municipal source", which means that it's the same as your tapwater

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I drink about a gallon of water per day- and that doesn't include my morning tea.

I don't force it upon myself, my body actually requires it. If I go an hour or two without a glass of water my mouth feels dry and my tongue starts to feel swollen. I also get up on average of two times per night to drink 8oz or so of water.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I try to drink as much as possible...lately it's been about a half gallon, but I'm trying to drink even more!

I seem to be thirsty a lot anyway, so what better thing to do than to drink more water?!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Some bottled waters actually have additives in them! Read the labels.

If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. Lack of water can cause asthma attacks, and migraines.

I drink at least 8 glasses of filtered water daily. It's part of my preventive health regime.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I follow a diet which is salt-free, and very low in sodium, so I don't get as thirsty as those who eat a higher sodium diet. Also, I eat tons of fruits and vegetables, so my food has a high water content. As a result, the only time I feel the need to drink any water at all is when I'm getting some vigorous exercise, and working up a sweat.

The only time my mouth ever gets dry is if I let someone talk me into eating out at a restaurant against my better judgement. Restaurant food always seems to have way too much sodium in it. Then my mouth gets dry, and I want to drink lots of water. Otherwise, as long as I'm eating the amount of sodium that is naturally found in whole foods that contain no added salt, I do not get thirsty.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
I have to wonder how people can afford to purchase that much bottled water - and I hate the waste of so much plastic as well. I think refilling large bottles from those refillable machines at the store would definitely be a better option if your tap water is unacceptable (and I am sure some places it can be).

I do use a filter on my tap, even though we get our water from a well and it's been checked (by whatever people check these things) and supposed to be very pure.

I don't keep real close track, but usually refill my 32 oz. bottle at least 3 times a day, ... (how many ounces in a gallon? wanders off to do the math)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
"I follow a diet which is salt-free, and very low in sodium,"

A salt free diet is very bad for you. Your cells require a certain amount of salt for maximum health. Read the excellent book called "Your Body's Many Cries for Water" for exact ratio of water to salt.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.