VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try to replicate the salad I create at Fresh Choice. I use garbanzo, edamame, and kidneys beans, and peas, corn, red onions, carrots, and mushrooms. I really load it up. But I know if I made this at home with canned beans & veggies I would have enough to yield 5 salads.

So I could probably store them in individual containers in the fridge for the week, but how long would these ingredients stay fresh until they spoil? Thanks. (and I apologize if this is a dumb question)

BTW, who else loves Fresh Choice? My parents took me there a few months ago and now I am hooked!

·
Registered
0 Posts
From my experience.. I would you suggest that you keep the dressing off until you eat it.

With the beans in the salad.. about 3 days.

Lettuce dont really last long.. but you can eat it without the lettuce.

I usually eat Kidney beans with carrots.. among other beans/veggies.

I dont like Fresh Choice... not a lot of choices for vegans.

·
Registered
81 Posts
there is usually a temperature control in your fridge. some people keep theirs bordering on 32/0 others much higher. so someone else's advice would not necessarily be accurate to you. experiment.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd say make it and stick it in the crisper and see how long it looks good. I can keep greens up to a week or two before they get put into something, by storing them in loose plastic (like shopping bags, not the produce bags) and putting a paper towel in there helps too to absorb excess moisture. They also sell disks that are supposed to keep salad fresh longer, but I've never tried them. Here's a description: http://www.petwerks.com/prodpage.cfm?prod_code=AB100

Make it up and see how it looks after a day or two or more, I guess. Might be smartest to just make two salads and use the extra beans etc to cook into a meal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts