VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here very tired because I was waken up way before I was ready to wake up. I made the mistake of starting to play with two of my cats under the covers in the morning and now they expect it EVERY morning, not when I am awake, but when they decide that they want me to be awake. My big guy, Tio, even attacks my feet whenever I move. I want to wring their little necks (only kidding). They're so spoiled that I'm sure this is my life from now on until they get bored with this type of play (if I'm lucky). If I have to get up and out really fast and can't do this morning ritual, my little guy Jesse (avatar) actually pouts. What are you gonna do? They're my babies and it's always about them.

Laura

·
Registered
663 Posts
I don't own a cat, but I've known my brother's cat to wake me up a few years ago when I was staying there and he was away. Its method was fairly simple: extend claws under eyelid, lift.

Needless to say it tended to work.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Lola's pretty lazy, and is content to stay in bed until I get up. Some mornings I have to get her out of bed
. If the cat dish is empty, though, it doesn't matter what time it is, Alainn will come bat my head with her paws until I get up and feed her, or give her ear scratches.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Bella generally whines and/or barks at 4 or 5am until my husband gets up and lets her go outside. Then she's not allowed back into the bedroom until we officially wake up because otherwise she'd lay on my head and pant in my ear excitedly.

Floyd just sleeps next to me calmly until I get up. He is kind of a Mamma's boy.

The cats aren't allowed in the bedroom at night because of my allergies and because of potential conflicts with the dogs. So they don't have the chance to wake us up. They do, however, try occasionally by howling. Only Otis and Bogart do that, though. Bacall is an angel and never disturbs anyone's sleep.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
My cat Jack likes to chew my husband's hair, he doesn't try that with me because I would just chuck him off the bed and onto the floor.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
My cat Ichabod licks my face. He also pulls on my hairband that I wear around my wrist at night. He'll pull it with his teeth and then let it go so it snaps against my wrist. Lily just crawls around on me and this usually wakes me up since she's the worlds clumsiest cat. Meatball the cat is lazy and a cuddle bug, so the only time she wakes me up is when she's hogging the bed!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I have three cats and they never go on hubby's side of the bed. Sometimes ALL three of them lay ON me at the same time. Then, I can't move because I don't want to disturb them. I get up with such a sore body sometimes. Who do you think runs my household?

Laura

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

My dogs don't wake me up, they're lazy piles. When I get up they are however raring and ready to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Lola's pretty lazy, and is content to stay in bed until I get up. Some mornings I have to get her out of bed
. .
My dog is a sleepyhead too. She only moves when she hears me making myself breakfast. Then she wakes right up and comes running into the kitchen waiting for her treat.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My cats run around playing at night, so by early morning, they're ready to eat. Then when I'm finally up and they've eaten, they go to sleep.

Laura

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Our cat just sits on the edge of the bed and stares at us when it's getting close to breakfast time. It's actually quite creepy sometimes, I wake up and turn around and there are these huge demon cat eyes staring right into my soul

Sometimes he accidentally wakes me up by jumping down from the window sill and landing on my ribs and knocking the wind out of me, I think I prefer the staring

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My cat jumps right on my full bladder to get to the other side of the bed (after hubby is up and gone to work). Then he sits there and stares at me until I start playing with him.

Laura

·
Registered
439 Posts
My golden retriever is getting arthritic and has big problems jumping up on the bed but..in the early hours of the morning when the house is getting chilly he stands poised to jump up and will have several unsuccessful attempts before giving up and nudging the edge of the bed, barking indignantly until I get up and shove him up onto the bed by his rear end! He then immediately starts to snooze and I am left wide awake!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
My first cat would crawl under the sheets and bite my butt to wake me up in the morning when he was a kitten.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Usually, the dogs and cats are pretty content to let me sleep. If I oversleep Bodhi has a grumbly whine that he makes that translates to having to pee RIGHT NOW! Typically, if anyone is going to wake me up in the morning it will be Charlie the cockatiel. Some mornings simply necessitate screeching and screaming at the sunrise. I, as a silly human, might not know and appreciate this but it seems to be a clear rule in his little bird brain.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I'm an early riser, and my girlfriend's pug pretends to be asleep because he knows if I see him awake I might snatch him from his comfortable spot on the couch to go for a morning jog.

The cat really doesn't care when we get up, so long as she has fresh cat littler and food in her bowl. She pays attention for someone going to bed though. If she sees someone approaching the bed, she sprints to it, full purr, in anticipation of the upcoming nap and petting.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My fat boy, Tsoni, isn't allowed in the bedroom because hes a male cat, so when its breakfast time his siamese comes out and he makes a racket. Puppy girl, Mercury, sleeps curled up by my butt and only if she absolutely needs to potty will she come sniff my face, I'm a light sleeper. Mostly I have to rustle her up though.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I have three cats but it's usually Sabrina who wakes me up first. She has a LOUD Siamese voice, so she'll come over and scream into my ear. If that doesn't work, she'll stick a claw into my scalp, in my mouth, or up my nose. If THAT doesn't work, the kitties get very active around 4:30 or 5:00 am so they'll chase each other all over the bedroom, jumping onto the bed like it's a trampoline often enough that I finally wake up.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts