VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some new ideas.....i have made a pilaf style dish with it........but I am in a rut with all cooking and need new ideas!

·
Registered
590 Posts
my favorite thing to do is cook up the quinoa seed, then let it cool down.

add some green onions, (you can add more if you want)

and some apple cider vinegar. its amaaazing

·
Registered
166 Posts
I cook quinoa with water and a little almond milk (Almond Breeze). When it's cooked, I add cinnamon, sometimes some honey, and eat it for breakfast. It's awesome.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You can replace rice with quinoa in almost all rice dishes. Try quinoa and black beans for instance! If you manage to find quinoa flakes, they're as good as rolled oats in cookies, muffins, pancakes... Quinoa flour is great too, gives a nutty taste to any baked product!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love to use it to make stuffing for squash.

Below is a link to one of my favorite recipes. It's not a terribly creative use for quinoa, but it's so easy, tasty, healthy, & nourishing. Easy, yummy recipe I've used all different kinds of greens in this with good results.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Oh, I was gonna say I have a great soup recipe but someone beat me to it, thanks.

You can use it to make tabbouleh or any type of rice salad.

Also I made these the other day, take a few minutes but they are YUMMY!

Quinoa, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burgers

1 medium onion, diced

2 Tb olive oil

3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced

1 carrot, finely grated

1/2 can black beans, slightly drained

1/2 of 1 baked sweet potato, flesh scooped out

2 cups cooked quinoa

1/2 cup bread crumbs

3 Tb chopped cilantro (I used 1 Tb dried)

2 Tb tomato paste or ketchup

hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste

1 tsp balsamic vinegar

Salt and pepper to taste

1. Saute onion and garlic in oil.

2. Add beans to pan and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring now and then.

3. Turn off heat. Mash beans in pan til they're about half crushed. Put in big bowl with all the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. If too moist, add more bread crumbs.

4. Form into patties. Grill or bake.

(I baked mine - VERY nice!)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like to make a quinoa salad. I cook the quinoa, chill it, add different chopped vegetables, some kidney beans, cilantro, lemon juice, and olive oil. Serve chilled. It's a nice dish in the summer and you can use couscous instead of quinoa.

My kids like the croquettes from VWaV that are made with blackeyed peas and quinoa.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts