VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how you know if a cosmetic/household product is suitable for vegans?(other then the obvious "suitable for vegans" sign lol) im wondering because i have been getting all my stuff like that from the co-op(uk supermarket) for a couple of years now as they are BUAV approved(not to mention dirt cheap), and i checked all the bottles the other day and they all say "no animal ingredients" on the back-does this mean they would be ok for vegans?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes indeed, although for some strange reason they don't count honey and beeswax as being animal prods so u still have to check for those, but other than that its vegan if marked animal prod free

Lush also mark their vegan prods as such. Sainsbury's do also. The animal free shopper has listings you might find helpful.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Some items that don't have any animal ingredients may have been tested on animals, or come from companies that test on animals with their other products. I'm still kind of new at this (being vegetarian, and nowhere near trying to be vegan yet, if ever), but I think most strict vegans would avoid those products.

--Fromper

·
Registered
684 Posts
http://www.leapingbunny.org/

Very, very helpful. Most of the basics (shampoos, conditioners, soaps, etc.) can be found at Whole Foods or other health food stores. I'm not sure about household products as I still live at home. Hopefully someone else can help you with where to find those things. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts