Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 30.6%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you find it easier to clean when nobody is home? How do you make cleaning into something fun and not into a chore?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I put listen to music because I do.
I prefer to clean when im in alone as I feel I can get on better,but my boyfriend works from home so hes not out alot, I guess you have to compremise alittle

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
When there's something else I need to do (like reports for work), but keep finding reasons to put it off. I will suddenly find that I need to clean before I can finish my other work. Things get deep cleaned very well during those times.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose I should share what I do.

-I prefer to clean when my fiance isn't home, I find it easier than trying to work around him.
-I like to dance around when I'm not putting laundry away. I put on a fun musical (usually Glee, Across the Universe, or Chicago) and just dance.
-When putting away laundry, I like having the TV on.

Still working liking the vacuuming thing, but I think I'll get there eventually.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
It's easier for me to clean when someone's around. I procrastinate more when I'm alone. Listening to music, watching TV and having my boyfriend there to help all work for me too.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
i luv cleaning.

the more regular you clean the less work you have to do. i am actually kinda lazy but you would never guess bc my house is spotless. i keep up a regular routine of cleaning every friday and deep cleaning every other wednesday. this way nothing gets too dirty and i don't have to work very hard to maintain a clean house

music is good or listening to interesting podcasts to keep entertained.

i thought this thread was gonna be about cleaning tips like i luv using vinegar to clean. it works for so many things, i just learned a new way to use vinegar to eliminate static cling, just add a 1/2 cup to the fabric softener dispenser in the washing machine. so easy.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, feel free to add cleaning tips.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
I enlist my dad to help me tackle it, one room at a time while listening to music! :p

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have a hard time cleaning when people are around. I always feel like I should be spending time with them, so I wait until I'm alone to clean and especially enjoy cleaning at night. I like to think of myself as a house-elf, sneaking around when people aren't looking and and leaving clean rooms behind me. It gives me a really great feeling for someone to walk into a room and see it picture perfect.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aww, I love that you look at it that way!

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I do it one room at a time. I usually clean the kitchen counters after I eat my breakfast in the morning and clean the bathroom before having a bath.

I usually have to hoover downstairs everyday as I have six cats.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Well... a bit of everything! I obviously (?) clean the surfaces, dishes, cooker top, sink, sweep the floor and tidy up every day as they need doing.

My boyfriend and I split the rest. He does the bins, recycling, hoovers, washes the floors and launders our clothes each week. He often listens to music.

I do the day to day stuff (including all washing up and drying), and then wash bed linin and towels on specific days, I dust and do a more thorough tidy round at the same time he does most of his weekly chores - that way at least once a week everything looks spic and span! I usually do that one room at a time too, and I go around it in order so nothing gets missed. I then do a proper clean of the kitchen (fridge, counter tops, oven inside and out, microwave, etc) and bathroom once a week, whenever I can cram it in, usually either when my boyfriends at work or asleep, listening to music. I iron when I watch TV in the evenings.

There isn't really lots of people getting in the way since it's just the two of us, but I don't do it all in one big go, it's pretty much spread out over the week so that most days one of us is doing something.While I have the space to moan, I have 12ft ceilings and dusting them is a nightmare and involves lots of climbing on furniture and the longest duster EVER! Other than that though I enjoy cleaning, luvyourmother is right, the more you do it the less there is to do.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I like to clean everything myself. Boyshape does offer (and does bins/hoovering and washing up occasionaly) but I like to know cleaning (proper cleaning) is done the way I like it

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Boyfriend and I just clean together and listen to music.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
I've always like to clean, or fix things, when I'm alone. I like when my sons wait for me to be gone to do their part too!
I've never been one to stick to one room-way too easily distracted

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My husband is sort of a neat freak so I really don't have to do much more than my own laundry and loading/unloading the dishwasher. My 18 year old daughter lives with us so she takes care of anything we don't feel like doing.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice! I'm finally getting to where I feel like I can take a break.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I live in a flat-share and when all 4 rooms are occupied we roster our cleaning so each week someone is in charge of one thing between bins/vacuuming/kitchen/bathroom. It's only two of us now since two flatmates just moved out and I have found myself doing all the cleaning when things aren't up to my standards because my messy male flatmate just does not care. I do attempt to make him at least considerate so he usually manages to wipe kitchen surfaces after use at least, but we are still not quite there. I think I might have to teach him what a cloth is.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.