VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think it's terribly hard to relocate them to outside, but my family insist on killing any spider that enters the house. I wouldn't mind so much but they actually try and stop me from taking them outside and we get into enormous blow ups over it. Any tips on how to deal with this ridiculous issue?

·
Oryzatarian
1,359 Posts
Flies are responsible for the spread of several nasty diseases.
Spiders eat flies.
Spiders are not known to spread any diseases.

If that doesnt get them try "spiders have spider poop inside them and you want that smooshed on the wall? eww"

·
Registered
126 Posts
tell them that they don't need to kick up a huge fuss over it. I mean, why make such a big deal? Do they irrationally believe that you're trying to be "superior" or something??

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's true... they're an important part of keeping the bugs under control in a natural manner!

I find it interesting that they make a fuss over your method of handling the spiders. At the very least you should be able to convince them to mind their own beeswax when it comes to what you are doing :p In a nice way of course!

You may just have do it undercover like, lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
i know that spiders eat bugs and all, but i find them gross. and not a normal gross, but a "i dream of them climbing inside of my mouth while i sleep" kind of gross.

i know its weird, especially because i am such a big guy, but things that crawl (other than babies) just freak me the hell out lol

irrational i know, spiders have a useful purpose i know, but i just cant group them into that whole "be compassionate to animals" group. i probably should work on that .....

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I can understand your families fears because as you are aware, some Australian spiders are poisonous and can leave you in a seriously bad way if they bite you. If you want to relocate them, make sure you have your spider relocator gagdet somewhere near-by at all times and be on the scene first. Just tell the other sookie la-la occupants of the house to shut-up and stand back while you handle it.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by criddy111 View Post

I don't think it's terribly hard to relocate them to outside, but my family insist on killing any spider that enters the house. I wouldn't mind so much but they actually try and stop me from taking them outside and we get into enormous blow ups over it. Any tips on how to deal with this ridiculous issue?
You're with THEM?

But they purposely have been trying to kill me for years!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tell them that Hell is actually a small room where you're tied to the ground, and every single spider/roach/bug/rodent you ever killed gets placed in the room with you, for eternity, destined to crawl up and down your legs and arms until the end of time.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Tell them spiders are territorial and if you set up enough outside it will keep more of the newer ones at bay. You never know, it could have a placebo effect.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Personally, whenever we have a spider in my house, I always just tell my family that I'll take care of it. They'll let me catch the spider in a glass and let him/her outside. Which is good, because if my kid brother sees a bug before I do, he'll smash him/her, no questions asked.

·
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕
3,229 Posts
Sorry you get such blow ups with it D: We have a lot of stink bugs crawling about where I live. I respect all life so of course I relocate them or just let them chill if they are up in a corner. My parents aren't very fond of them but they let me take them outside. My dad will vaccuum them up if he gets to them before I do, it does suffocate them to death after awhile (which is why sometimes I sneak out and let the ones out that are trapped in the vaccum ^.~)

Anyway, it seems like your parents regard such critters are more "vermin." Like they are disgusting and filthy that they don't deserve to live
Getting into the "but they have a right to live" may not work so well here. You might want to try talking about how keeping the spiders around keeps the insect population at bay. They are an essential part of the environment, just like any other critter or being. Everything is connected and coexists with one another.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts