VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes on the 11th. I will be the BIG 50, you know 49 & 1, 10 lustrum, 1/2 a century, OMG there are two 25 year olds in me.

So I have made a date with myself, my plan is to take the bus into town, go for dinner and drinks, then to a local hockey game {i have not been to one for about 30 years}, get a hotel room in town for the night, hot tubbies, room service, breakfast in bed, yeehaw! Yes sireeeeeee I am going to have a little fun with me and myself, it will be a birthday to remember for sure.

But how did any of you celebrate this milestone in your life?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I think there are very few people ON VB who have reached that particular milestone. I'm in the "older" VB user group, and I haven't even hit the big five-oh yet. And don't make me think about it yet! I still have 3 years to dread that day!

ETA: But Happy Birthday to you!

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
THAT'S the spirit!

I didn't do anything special for my 50th.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, I haven't turned 50.

But HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got my (conservative 5th grade teacher) mom a tattoo for her 50th birthday. A small chain of vines with three flowers for her three kids.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

No big celebration for me...although the people at work took me out to lunch and decorated my work area with balloons and confetti and we had cake!
Karen, if I'm still working at the same place I am currently when my big day arrives, for me, that would be a big deal. We have cakes all the time for birthdays here, but I didn't get one this year or last year.
I don't think anybody even KNOWS when my birthday is, which is why nobody acknowledged it. But I haven't even been asked...

Ah, but I'll make sure they do in three years...
*rubs hands together in evil glee*

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the Happy Birthday wishes,

I am still a little shocked over the fact that I really am 50. I feel like going back to bed and pulling the covers over my face, 1/2 a century, OMG, jeezus murphy, I didn't see it coming. I have been having way to much fun obviously, the time has just flown by.

Anyway, I had a great day, I would recommend that each and everyone of you make a date with yourself at least once in your life, I had a BLAST!

Dinner and drinks, then off to the game.

Our local Hockey team kicked the oppositions ASS! 6-4

A Monti Cristo for dessert, then off to my room,

My Hotel room had a huge jaccuzi tub, I poured in the bubble bath and had freakin' bubbles all over the room, it was so funny, I cracked myself up. It is amazing how such a simple thing as a hot tubbie can bring you so much pleasure. I never put a tub {only have a shower stall} up here in the bush, it is just too much work to heat up the water and fill the tub.

Drank champagne, just a 1/2 bottle, no drunk tubbing for me heehee, went to sleep, woke up 50, had breaky in bed, swallowed two apirin, got up, cleaned up, checked out, went home to the bush I love.

51 here I come.......................DLS

p.s. jeezy, I do not think that 2 twenty-five year olds could ever keep up with me. hahahahahahaha LOTS OF LAUGHS NOW!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.