VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very angry...
The shelter which I work for says it supports giving animals another chance. Well, their words dont correspond with their actions. Poor Milo is a labXpitt PUPPY! shes 10 months old and about to be sent to the big dog house in the sky because of what humans have done to her. She was adopted out to some idiot who already had a dog that didn't get along with other dogs. This dog and Milo got into a fight so Milo was returned to the shelter with a bad reputation. She was nervous from just having been in a dog fight and when an S.P.C.A. worker went to put her back in her run surrounded with many other barking dogs, she bit her. For that, she spent 24 hours in a small cage under strict supervision as she watched all the other dogs go out for their morning walks. When she is out of the stressful shelter envoronment, she is a sweet and loyal girl who would rather be with you than anyone else. She loves to cuddle on the grass and play with the other dogs, she has a real passion for living; like all puppies dogs do. The S.P.C.A won't let anyone adopt her, I had it all lined up for her to be sent to animal advocates- a no-kill shelter. But, it seems that the shelter is intent on ending this precious girls life. Does anyone know of any loopholes or anything so that they would have to adopt her out? Sorry this was so long but I had to ask...

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
They're probably worried about getting sued for adopting out an agressive dog. Does Animal Advocates understand her history, that she's a pitt mix with a history of biting and dog agression? Would they be willing to sign a disclaimer stating they understand the dog's history and will not hold the SPCA responsible for any future harm caused by this dog? There isn't anything legally that can be done, but yes, if you can get media attention you might be able to help. Send out the SPCA's contact list to local email lists (see yahoogroups) and have people call asking about the dog.

·
Registered
878 Posts
thanks

i want to say something to the office people about how they say they are a no kill shelter but they seem to kill an animal almost every day

like they just killed this dog i really loved and from wut they tell me it was bcuz he had a medical condition where he aged fast even tho he was the sweetest dog in the world :'(

but i dont know really wut to say

plus they hate me already just cuz they are getting paid so somehow they are so much better

·
Banned
261 Posts
Aww, sprout I am SO sad to hear that.

It's not fair what shelters have to and can do sometimes because of people's dumb mistakes. When we adopted my cat a few weeks ago at our local humane society, there was this beautiful, happy black lab sitting in a cage in the front. She had been returned because she was "too hyper"--that's what the owner said. Duh??!! She's a lab!! Of course that little 1 year old lab's going to be hyper!!! Plus, the ladies there told me that the man who adopted her had locked her in a crate for hours all day till he got home, then let her out. He didn't have a yard, so she'd go crazy in his house once he got home. Sadly, while we were there, many people walked by her, looked at hr card, and went away, saying, "oh, she's disobedient", and whatnot. How awful!! That man was just making up a lame excuse. Fortunately, a family with a bunch of little boys came in later, and they were saying they had a big yard, and they fully understood how labs could be hyper little buggers. I hope they adopted her--she was a big old sweetie, and they just seemed like a great family for her. But shame on people for doing such awful things that affect the outcome of a dog's life!!

Cassie

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i realize i'm a covered in cats person, but aren't all dogs (young ones anyway) a wee bit hyper. i can't imagine having a dog and not having it obedience trained.

i volunteered at a shelter and i couldn't believe the STUPID ASS reasons that dogs were returned. HELLLOOOO people - they just spent weeks in a kennel with nothing to look at and nothing to do. They are going to be a little excitable. I especially enjoy it when those returning the dog(s) cry. Like they are the ones going to euthanized by someone who could care less in a few hours. Pathetic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts