VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions on how to incorporate flax seeds or flaxseed oil into my diet. So far I've been taking a spoonful of oil after my breakfast as a supplement. Any ideas on how to make this more appealing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was on a big flax kick for a while... don't really know why I got out of it... but anyways,

I've used milled flax seeds in pancakes, smoothies, chocolate chip cookies, and muffins. I think it works best in baking.

oh, and I used to love putting flax oil on baked potatoes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Flax Seed oil has been attributed to increased risk of prostate cancer.

I great way to get your ground flax seed in every day is in your oatmeal if you eat it, in your morning smoothie or blended salad. Sprinkled on your daily salad. Or a new way I just heard of from a member at the health boards is to put it on a plate and roll/dip your banana in it!!

·
Registered
208 Posts

I great way to get your ground flax seed in every day is in your oatmeal if you eat it, in your morning smoothie or blended salad. Sprinkled on your daily salad. Or a new way I just heard of from a member at the health boards is to put it on a plate and roll/dip your banana in it!!

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got flax seed cookies, they're awesome for a snack but not as good for you as just the pure stuff and some fruit.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I hate the stuff. If it didn't need to be ground I would be so much happier, but... eh. I mostly add it to hot cereal, occasionally to cold cereal or smoothies (but dislike it very much in both- it's well-hidden in oatmeal). Are flax cereals, breads, etc. any good, nutritionally?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Be careful with flaxseeds - I read somewhere that flaxseed oil can affect the contraceptive pill! Someone tell me if I'm just talking rubbish...

Just thought I'd let you know, wouldn't want any accidents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts