1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Oh man, Ive made 4 batches of these since the recipe was posted last month. Amazingly easy and so good. I tried them with coconut oil instead of margarine and it works great just have to adjust the cooking times to a few minutes less.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good to know! Thanks....was going to be on my agenda for tomorrow~

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Wow I got a husband that loves Thin mints and his Birthday is next weekend, maybe thursday I should get the ingredients for this recipe while going grocery shopping.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I'm glad she said "Almond, soy or rice milk" in her cookie recipe. I'd try them, but most say "soy(a) milk" and we have a soy allergy.
Now...how much trouble can I get into with these recipes...

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
purp, almost always, you can sub any alternative milk, one for another. Don't let the listing of soy milk deter you from making or baking something!
Ladeemedik- I know......can't wait to try.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

purp, almost always, you can sub any alternative milk, one for another. Don't let the listing of soy milk deter you from making or baking something!
Ladeemedik- I know......can't wait to try.
Oh, good. Thanks, Jess. I really appreciate knowing that. Now, about all the trouble I can get into...

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Looks like a good recipe. However, I'm terrible at cooking sweets. I would just make a big mess in my kitchen.

It seems to me that the Girl Scouts would get with the times and offer at least one vegan cookie. I feel bad telling the girls I don't want to buy any cookies, but they have nothing I can eat.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Oh, wow, these sound amazing. I have missed Thin Mints since going vegan. I'm definitely going to try these. The only ingredient I don't have is the peppermint extract. Thanks so much for the link.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Looks like a good recipe. However, I'm terrible at cooking sweets. I would just make a big mess in my kitchen.

It seems to me that the Girl Scouts would get with the times and offer at least one vegan cookie. I feel bad telling the girls I don't want to buy any cookies, but they have nothing I can eat.
You can buy the cookies then offer them to Operation Cookie Drop, which donates boxes of GS cookies to the military serving overseas.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTree15 View Post

Oh, wow, these sound amazing. I have missed Thin Mints since going vegan. I'm definitely going to try these. The only ingredient I don't have is the peppermint extract. Thanks so much for the link.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

There are vegan girl scout cookies but it depends on the bakery they use in your area. http://girlscoutcookies.org/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.