VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,<br><br>
I'm going to be staying in a hotel 3 days a week for five weeks. I'm teaching classes away from home. My hotel room will have a mini fridge and a microwave. Any ideas for food? Breakfast is free, so I don't need to worry about that. I have salad and hummus, need some more ideas. I remember a thread like this from about a year ago but I can't find it.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
When we travel like that we also bring packets of oatmeal--I make my own and store them in ziplocks--but you just add water and heat. We've also done ramen type noodles or rice noodles that only need to sit in boiling water and used the kettle to boil the water and then added a sauce jar heated in the microwave. Happy Herbivore did a black bean burger with a tin of drained black beans, some free ketchup packets and a handful of oats that she nicked from the free breakfast and made it into a burger shape and microwaved it. Also cous cous cooks with just boiling water. I premeasure barley couscous into a ziplock with spices and bring it with us. then add boiling water. Then add some chopped veg--a carrot or pepper and a tin of chickpeas.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
burritos full of veggies you can keep in the fridge<br>
pb and j<br>
if you can bring some premade foods for those days any leftovers or food you cook in bulk<br><br>
an electric kettle is useful, when I was living in the dorms we had a small fridge and microwave and I remember using the electric kettle daily.<br>
boil the water then blanch some veggies in it like broccoli<br><br>
canned soups<br><br>
premade meals from trader joes and similar stores

1 - 4 of 4 Posts