VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I think I am going to try to host one of these events on my campus (University of Miami). I am really excited about this idea and am going to start contacting people immediately! Any tips? I have never planned an event like this

http://mercyforanimals.org/paid-per-view.aspx

I am going to apply for funding through Vegfund. I am waiting to hear from the Students Helping Animals group on campus to see if they will apply with me because I think that will help. However, one of the members (also vegan) thinks it might be too graphic for them to support. They focus mainly on companion animal issues.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated : ) And if it happens if you are in the Miami area and want to come by I plan on having some yummy cupcakes and cookies!

·
Registered
473 Posts
A group in my area does something similar.

They put a lap top on a table, they cover it with a huge cardboard box with a hole in it for someone to stick their face in. They play excerpts of Earthlings on it and offer people $1 to watch. In terms of impact per dollar spent they claim to have had great success with it.

They also do the smart move of combining it with participating in the world wide vegan bake sales.

The bake sales attract omnis and fund the pay outs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.