I know you're not all horse nuts like me, but what do you think of this video:

?

I personally don't like it at all.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Anyone else?

(Oh, and me neither, BTW. Well, when you buy or sell a horse, that's money, but it's no where near the same as racing.)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Well it's not designed to be enjoyed is it?

I hate how expendable race horses are, one small injury and you might as well just shot them. It's sad.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i find it sickening to watch! it is so easy for horses to break a leg/ neck in these races it is awful. i had a horse that broke his neck in terrible circumstances (rearing in the horse float as i tried to calm him and then falling) and i will never forget the panic in his eyes as he lay paralysed. what a terrible fate for those horses. and a broken leg is just as terrible. especially if they are still trying to run with it. so very sad

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To add...

I grew up around it. It's painful for me to think of all the times when I was younger and I went to horse races with my grandparents. I actually made money off of them, too*.

Seeing horse races in the media or hearing my grandpa talk about his latest bets doesn't make me feel happy or excited anymore. It's depressing on many levels.

(Yes, my grandparents gave me $2 to bet on a horse when I was little. Don't turn me into the cops.
)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts