VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
First of all.........take a deep breath, and calm down! stress will do you and the baby NO good.

ok.........what antibiotic are you on? drink lots of fluids to flush it out, this is necessary. some can build up in the kidneys and crystallize......UTI is common in pregnant women.

were you dilated when having the contractions?

you are very close to the magic week where the baby will have fully developed lungs, you are close.

even though you are not there yet, at 28 wks even IF you went into labor and they couldnt stop it, the baby stands an extremely good chance of being perfectly fine. There are drugs they can give to slow your labor and also drugs to give to help the babies lungs in the event the labor progresses to birth

even though you didn't think you were dehydrated you may still have been, hence the fluids........

I think you need to decrease your stress level, cut back at work, rest rest rest. your baby needs to be inside you longer, its the most important thing right now. work will be there,

just breathe and relax.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielove View Post

Not dialated yet, but my cervix is short to start with. :-( I'm worried the stupid contractions will make that situation worse :-(

I really have no idea how to unstress myself. I know the stress is bad for the baby but I can't stop crying. I want to stop so bad.
You have to just focus, focus on a healthy baby, focus on something that makes you happy, just relax. You will be fine, the baby will be fine.

the contractions most likely will not cause any changes in your cervix, normal contractions that happen in pregnancy dont. if it is true preterm labor it will but thats when you will be in hospital so they can deal with it.

when you have any contractions, just take a break, have some water or juice, go pee, and lay on your left side. and REST!!! How are the contractions today?

I don't live all that far from Boston, do I have to come over there and force you to take it easy?? LOL

It will all be just fine, really it will!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts