2 Tbsp oil

1/2 red onion chopped

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 cup veg stoc

1/2 cup honey mustard

1/2 tsp allspice

1/2 tsp curry powder

1 cake tofu cut into 3 pieces lengthwise and then diagonally from corner to corner creating triangles. Or just cut however you want!

Pour 2 Tbsp oil into small saucepan over moderate heat. Add red onions and saute 3-5 min. Add vinegar and reduce by half, 1-2 min. Add brown sugar and cook 1 min to incorporate. Whisk in broth and honey mustard, allspice and curry. Bring sauce to a bubble and then reduce heat and cook 2-3 min.

Pour some sauce on bottom of nonreactive bake pan. Add tofu pieces and pour the rest of the sauce over tofu. Bake in oven 350 degrees for 20-30 min.

** For Vegan version- use regular dijon mustard and add more sweetener.

While Tofu is cooking......

Put on pot of water for corn. Cover pot because it boils faster when covered

Then make........

3 Bean Salad

1 can of 3 beans (Mine was called 'salad beans' or something)

1/2 red pepper diced

1/2 red onion diced

1 clove garlic, minced

1 tsp ground cumin

1 Tbsp olive oil

1/2 lemon juiced

salt and pepper to taste

Combine ingredients in bowl. Toss to coat beans and vegetables evenly.

*variation: I hate peppers, so I substituted 1/2 an avacado for the peppers. SO GOOD!

When water has boiled for corn, add corn and cook 8-10 min. When done, pat dry and then if you eat butter or margarine, rub some on the corn and then squeeze 1/2 a lime over the corn and sprinkle with chili powder. If you dont eat butter/margarine, omit.

If you are single, this is a great meal because the leftovers taste even better the next day!

Oh, this serves 2-3 people. Depends on how much you eat

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cook A LOT so I thought I would post the recipes here after I have made them, just to make sure they come out OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts