#1 ·
Honey Fried Tofu

Category: Main Dishes - Other

Suitable for a: vegetarian diet

Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

1 pkg. extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1 tbsp. butter or margarine

2 tbsp. honey (Vegans feel free to substitute maple syrup, agave nectar, etc.)

Salt to taste

Instructions:

Get a heavy skillet really hot. Add butter. When the butter is melted and bubbly, add honey and stir. Then add the tofu and stir until coated with the butter/honey mixture. Cook until tofu is golden brown on all sides and all the liquid is gone. Salt to taste.

Additional comments:

This is really good in a wrap with some lettuce. It's even good cold. It would also be good added to a vegetable stir-fry and served over rice.

This recipe was swiped from the Vegetarian Lunchbasket (the words are mine though.)

See less See more
#2 ·
I tried this one last night. Of course I can't make any recipe "as is." I had to mess with it at least a little bit. I deep fried the tofu cubes first and also added some tabasco and soy sauce to the honey and butter. I served it over brown basmati rice. My less health concious, carnivorous wife loved it!

#4 ·
This sounds deelish! Will DEFINITELY give it a try this week, or possibly next. This sounds like a recipe my BF would like, especially in a wrap as you suggested.

Btw, love the quote in your sig!

ETA: Made this already last night.... truly yummy! Thanks again for the recipe!

#6 ·
If I was to put it on Rice, I wonder if I change the honey to Honey Garlic spare rib sauce instead. When I ate meat, I used to like the sauce on my rice from the Chinese take out.

By the way, I've been making my own dips, like: Hummus and Guacamole, I've been using them for Tacos, is there any other uses that you use them for?

Thanks

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-veg View Post

If I was to put it on Rice, I wonder if I change the honey to Honey Garlic spare rib sauce instead. When I ate meat, I used to like the sauce on my rice from the Chinese take out.

By the way, I've been making my own dips, like: Hummus and Guacamole, I've been using them for Tacos, is there any other uses that you use them for?

Thanks
in future you might get more help with specific questions if you started your own thread rather than posted it in an unrelated one, that way people will know you have a question and go to your thread...not everyone reads the comments on recipes - especially recipes they aren't intending to make

I'm not really a guac fan, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE hummus. I like to use it as a dip for crisps (chips) and raw veggies, and it also goes great with salad in a sandwich.

#8 ·
I made this tonight, with a few variations, and let me tell you, it was amazing!

I served it with brown rice made with mushroom broth, instead of water, and sauteed some veggies and beans.

I tossed the tofu with the rice and veggies and mixed it up with really hot sauce. It was yummy!

Thanks to whoever posted this!

#22 ·
I left the salt out (not a huge salt fan). Does adding it really do anything?

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill P View Post

I tried this one last night. Of course I can't make any recipe "as is." I had to mess with it at least a little bit. I deep fried the tofu cubes first and also added some tabasco and soy sauce to the honey and butter. I served it over brown basmati rice. My less health concious, carnivorous wife loved it!
Sounds lovely, I love tobasco, however, this dish lost the health as soon as you deep fried it and added the butter :p LOL

#26 ·
I gave this recipe to a friend (she's a vegan), and her family gobbled it up. Even her husband, who HATES tofu loved it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.