VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently become extremely interested in making my own health and beauty products at home, things like facial cleanser, tooth powder and the like. I've been researching a few books and web sites and have had good results. Does anyone else here make their own stuff? If so how'd you get started. For instance, what books or other research material did you find especially helpful and where do you get your supplies?

·
Registered
91 Posts
i make some of my own stuff. creams and salves are really easy. so are misters. how it all vegan does have some stuff. try a herb store - they should have books/info. there is a lot of stuff on the web, too. i get my essential oils whole sale.. my olive oil at the grocery store and the bees wax locally. herbs i gather/grow/buy. i got a lot of my containers/spray bottles/jars, etc. from my old work. and the only other thing i have been using lately would be oatmeal which i just buy at the store.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Earthly Bodies & Heavenly Hair By; Dina Falconi is a must have! (one of the best & most complete books IMHO on herbal body care products!) there's a ton of links & how to's on the net though if you want to save some $$,do a search under toiletries. I have been making alot of things for quite some time now (lotion bars,soaops,creams,body butters,lip balms,etc) and it's so gratifying! (not to mention so easy!) Good luck & have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts