VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being laid-off since Nov. I was gettin pretty low. Then I got a job working with an autistic young man. And Im getting a job this fall working as a parapro at the special ed school. And now with 2 weeks unemployment left I get called back to my original job (tool maker) starting Mon.!! First no job now 2 jobs.!!!! I plan on working Mon. and tell them to kick it to the curb when the school year starts. Its much better to wear Dockers to work then stand in metal chips and oil!...Im excited and just wanted to share or toot my own horn!!....YIPPIE!...I got money again!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
congrats! don't blame you for wanting the job at the school instead of the other one. and no doubt it'll feel great to tell them to shove the job in a few weeks after they'd laid you off.

eta: i know what it's like to be out of work for a while and getting down on yourself. been there a few times. it sucks! glad things are working out for you

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O'yeah,..My job that called me back....they have a company policy. If your off work for 6 months or more you can only come back as a new hire. So I lost over 7 years on the job not to mention 3 weeks vacation and being able to contribute to my 401k. Plus I have to work the 90 day probation period to get my insurance back!.............Im gonna enjoy tellin' them to stick it up their #@^#@%!!!!!

Freemouse....I luvs ya!

·
Registered
870 Posts
No more FUBAR!!!

Jobs suck. However when you find work that fulfills your heart, allows you to contribute to others and they think they need to pay you for it.... well, life can be good.

I am so happy for you Budda. (finally remembered about the "h" thing Draco).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.