VeggieBoards banner

Which is better: 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' or 'Monty Python's Life of Brian'

• Holy Grail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Life of Brian

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this thread would already exist but I couldn't find it, so if it's out there close this one.

Anyway, I thought we should try and put an end to this once and for all. If I can make a poll work, that is.

Which is better - Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or Monty Python's Life of Brian. I know there are other cool Monty Python things, but this is of course the ultimate argument.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I voted Holy Grail. Of course. Life of Brian is great, but it can't even compare to Holy Grail. Witches, killer bunnies and Knights who say 'Ni'?

My dad tells me Life of Brian isn't as funny to me because I didn't grow up in a Catholic home, but I think that is simply an excuse. Life of Brian isn't as funny, period.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I voted Holy Grail, and agree that Life of Brian just isn't as funny. I would vote for The Meaning of Life had it been an option, because I think it's slightly funnier than Holy Grail.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I think Holy Grail is the funniest of the Python movies (The Flying Circus is just a whole different category). There's just so much ridiculous randomness in it, wrapped up in a classic story. Plus, I've pretty much memorized Holy Grail and I've only seen the other movies once.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I voted Life Of Brian. Religious satire always wins it for me.

Plus Holy Grail is too trendy. And over quoted.

The Holy Grail is, of course, chock full of good bits but lacks cohesion.

LoB is the closest Python ever came to a proper movie.

Bonus points to LoB for nudity (if there are three things that make any movie better, it's nudity, zombies and ninjas).

But of course I love them both.

Cheers!

TJ, I am NOT the messiah!

·
Registered
0 Posts
i like both.

but I love quoting the Grrrrrail.

just today at the gym, we (the staff) dognapped the chiropractors dog (he has an office in the gym and brings his dog to work) and left a ransom note demanding a shrubbery.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Life of Brian flows better, and is consistently funny, while Holy Grail, while having some hysterical moments, still lacks cohesion, as TJ pointed out. And I think I find myself quoting LoB more often too. So I voted for LoB.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Although I love them both, I agree that Life of Brian is a bit more sophiticated in its humor. I also have a soft spot for it because it was the first rated R movie I ever saw in the theater (I was 10 years old at the time). The nudity was quite eye-opening for me!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.