VeggieBoards banner

Holiday Weight

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  fairouz 
#1 ·
I seem to always gain weight during the holidays, which wouldn't be a problem, except I never lose it. This year, even though I'm vegan, I'm stuck in a chair with hours and hours of school work, and I've already gained a pound or two. Any ideas on how to keep myself from munching?

#5 ·
Drink copious amounts of water. When you get the urge to snack, drink a huge glass of water first. Always make yourself wait 20-30 minutes before grabbing something to eat. See if you're actually still hungry. Try herbal teas, too, if water's too boring.

Keep organic fresh fruit in the house to snack on instead of processed munchies.

Good luck!

#6 ·
Also, some fruit juice purees are available that are packed with nutrition and are all-natural (believe me, I checked the ingredients, and they have only fruits in them). They are very filling and satisfying (the whole bottles sometimes have 2 pounds of fruit in them). But, since I only eat all-natural foods without preservatives, additives, flavorings, etc. I don't have to worry about weight and eat a lot all the time.

#7 ·
I agree with avoiding mindless eating and drinking copious amounts of water. It also helps me sometimes to brush my teeth.

I play a game with myself most of the time, I'll say I can have whatever I want to eat. Tomorrow. And by the time I get to the next day I don't really want it anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.