VeggieBoards banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with my holiday meal. This is my first Thanksgiving as a vegetarian, and I have it all figured out except for the dressing. I am going home for Thanksgiving, and my family has always loved my cornbread dressing, so that is what I am making. It should not be that hard but I cant figure out what to substitute for the chicken broth that will taste ok. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Also, I have never used the stuff, so I'm not sure exactly what's in it, but you can always use poultry seasoning. I think it's just a blend of sage, salt, thyme, coriander, savory, and red/black pepper. Sometimes marjoram.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
You could also use "Unchicken" or "Nochicken" broth. Imagine foods makes an Unchicken broth, and a few companies make Unchicken/Nochicken broth concentrates.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like the unchicken broth, but I dont know if I can find it around here. I live in a very small, east Texas town that is definitely not veg friendly. There is a store here that carries the vegetable broth, which I am going to try. I just was not sure that the flavor would come out ok using veggie broth...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Vegetable broth plus a bit of poultry seasoning (or just rosemary, sage, marjoram, etc.).<br><br><br><br>
Also, you could look at bouillon cubes- often "chicken" ones are actually vegetable-based.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Especially in something like stuffing, substituting veggie broth should be great. You might even like the flavor more! If you are fearful, use 1/2 water, 1/2 veggie broth. I used to use chicken broth, and now use veggie broth and think its even better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts