VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill start

I made mashed potatoes with other random grated vegetables mixed in.
i want to make potatoe cakes then freeze them for latter nuking. how long will the mashed potatoes last in the fridge before i bake or fry them as pattie thingies? im hoping they last till tomorrow at least cause i cant be bothered finishing the process tonite as in tired and i have a lot to make.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Did you just make them today? Absolutely they'd last till tomorrow. Generally we have a 3-day rule here for leftovers (but use your senses too)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Generally we have a 3-day rule here for leftovers (but use your senses too)
Really? I'm perhaps a little slack about it, but I think up to a week is alright, depending on what it is. Main thing is to keep it out of the temperature ranges where bacteria grow well - chill it quickly, and don't muck about reheating things multiple times.

For freezing though, as fresh as possible. Overnight would be absolutely fine.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leth View Post

Really? I'm perhaps a little slack about it, but I think up to a week is alright, depending on what it is. Main thing is to keep it out of the temperature ranges where bacteria grow well - chill it quickly, and don't muck about reheating things multiple times.

For freezing though, as fresh as possible. Overnight would be absolutely fine.
It definitely depends for me too. Was it left out for hours, how does it smell, etc. The British (sorry Brits) seem to be a bit neurotic about dates on everything...molasses, green beans, peanut butter. Please. If you can't tell when green beans are bad, then you need to take a class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts