VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name's Jo and i'm 14 years old,

I've been a vegitarian since june/july of last year and yesterday made the switch to bcoming vegan.

It hasn't been all that hard so far and i've also found out whilst reasearching on the internet that some of my favourite snacks like (walkers prawn cocktail crisps and starbusts are good to eat). Which makes me happy cos i can still enjoy the foods that my friends can.

The reason i decided to go veggie was because i disliked the taste of meat and the way the animals where treated, I decided to become vegan because i didn't want to aid to the suffering of any animals at all.

Also does anyone know where i can get good vegan chocolate cake recipies of the internet or anywhere?

I plan on making my friend one for her birthday , So i can show her that vegan food can be dilishus (Yup i have no idea how to spell that word.)

Yup i'm also into most types of music and am a massive fan of musicals

Exspcially Wicked <3.

So that's a bit about me

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB!

What are Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps? I thought prawns were like shrimp, which wouldn't make them vegetarian.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Urm there prawn cocktail flavoured, It said on the walkers website that they where suitable for a vegan diet.

Urm here's the link

http://walkers.corpex.com/cr15p5/diets.asp?dietcode=E

and the ingridients

Potatoes, sunflower oil (33%) , prawn cocktail flavour [acidity regulator (sodium diacetate), dextrose (from wheat), flavour enhancers (monosodium glutamate, disodium 5' ribonucleotide), flavourings, sweeteners (saccharin, aspartame), colour (paprika extract)], salt, potassium chloride .

No artificial colours

And thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to VB, Jo! Congrats on going vegan.
There are lots of vegan cake recipes out there. My favorite is this chocolate cake. I made it for myself on my birthday. You can find other recipes at sites like VegCooking.com.

·
Registered
897 Posts
hi jazzical. like the name. check out the recipe forums here, or vegweb.com. googling for vegan chocolate cake will probably yield some leads as well.

good luck!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Welcome to VB!

What are Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps? I thought prawns were like shrimp, which wouldn't make them vegetarian.
yes, prawns are like shrimp (and the OP is right about these things being vegetarian; plenty of my veg*n friends eat them all the time. I don't like flavoured crisps).

Don't worry about the crisps, Amy. It's just a british thing.

(they're 'potato chips'
)

Welcome to VB! Congratulations on your switch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts