VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/hillbilly-handfishin/

Just another day in middle of nowhere America, I guess. Hillybilly handfishin' aka noddling catfish. What a mess.
I mean, I've never considered myself to be 'passionate' about animal rights, but this is just unnecessary altogether. I kid you not, I know at least 3 people who'd love to be on this show, family no less.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
It's a shame that something called "Animal Planet" can't be a bit more "pro"-animal.

(<<<---I get completely distracted by your avatar when I'm reading your posts!
)

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
My husband and I came across that show (or the other one that is the same thing) the other day. Wow. It's like a lesson in white trash stereotypes...

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

My husband and I came across that show (or the other one that is the same thing) the other day. Wow. It's like a lesson in white trash stereotypes...
Oh great.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Isn't sad that there are apparently enough people out there into this stuff that they can make a whole series about it?!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

Isn't sad that there are apparently enough people out there into this stuff that they can make a whole series about it?!
There are actually two different shows. I can't think of the name of the other one... Shocking, huh?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Ah, the power of Google.

The other show is called "Mudcats" and is on the History Chanel. That's the one we caught because we couldn't figure out what it had to do with History...

·
Registered
961 Posts
Quote:

Ah, the power of Google.

The other show is called "Mudcats" and is on the History Chanel. That's the one we caught because we couldn't figure out what it had to do with History...
Thats funny. They put alot of shows on the histroy channel now that arent really history related.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

Thats funny. They put alot of shows on the histroy channel now that arent really history related.
All of the stations like that don't play the good things they used to. It's a total bummer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

It's a shame that something called "Animal Planet" can't be a bit more "pro"-animal.

(<<<---I get completely distracted by your avatar when I'm reading your posts!
)
She usually has that affect on people, lol. Your avatar makes me smile
Too cute.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

You mean Ancient Aliens didn't do all the stuff we could have easily done ourselves and that History is comprised of more than just WWII?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

You mean Ancient Aliens didn't do all the stuff we could have easily done ourselves and that History is comprised of more than just WWII?
Argh!! That Ancient Aliens show is on ALL THE TIME!! It makes me so mad...

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Quote:

Argh!! That Ancient Aliens show is on ALL THE TIME!! It makes me so mad...
Mad because there are no more aliens building pyramids for us anymore, right? Cause that's why I'm mad. Those Egyptian drawings that look like stylized people? Not people; aliens.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
This honestly makes me angrier than anything else in the world right now.

This general subject.

I always loved the educational channels - the ones with good historical, sociological and scientific value.

But they simply don't exist any more in an untainted form.

Our best hope for good educational TV will be the Cosmos remake with Neil Tyson.... on Fox. How's that for a horrifying reality check?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts