VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a 72 woman and have been vegan for around 20 years. As we get older our calcium and protein requirements increase. I believe that it is an issue with older people what ever their diet. I would not be too bothered but I have found that my usual ‘go to‘ protein source such as beans, lentils and nuts now have a rather unpleasant and undesirable (to put it politely) effect on my gut! Are protein bars and shakes the way to go perhaps? Any views on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am a 72 woman and have been vegan for around 20 years. As we get older our calcium and protein requirements increase. I believe that it is an issue with older people what ever their diet. I would not be too bothered but I have found that my usual ‘go to‘ protein source such as beans, lentils and nuts now have a rather unpleasant and undesirable (to put it politely) effect on my gut! Are protein bars and shakes the way to go perhaps? Any views on this?
I only have that issue when eating canned beans or legumes. When I soak, sprout and cook the beans/ legumes myself it's a non-issue. So far nuts haven't bothered me. By the way I'm nearly 70.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts