VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 20 year reunion is coming up in a couple of weeks. I have a couple of close friends from back then who I keep in touch with, but none of them are coming into town for it. So I didn't pre-register to go, even though it would be local for me, since I don't live that far from where I grew up. If any of my close friends were going, I'd definitely go, just to hang out with them while they're in town.

I actually went to the 10 year reunion out of curiosity, and it was mildly interesting to see how certain people turned out. But my close friends weren't here for that one, either, so I kinda felt like a loner in a room with hundreds of people.

The one thing that surprises me the most about these events is the price. I don't remember how much the last one cost me to attend, but I think it was maybe $40 or $50, which seemed a little high, but not outrageous at the time for a two night event, including dinner one night. But this year's event is $130 per person. That includes two evenings, with drinks the first night (2 drink tickets per person, not an open bar) and dinner and drinks the second night (again, I think it's 2 drinks each).

I was eating meat for the last one, and I thought the food was ok, but nothing special. I remember it, because one guy was cracking jokes about the meal being worth the high ticket price. I can't imagine that an event like this would have great veg*n food, though it's a pretty liberal area, so I'm sure they'll have something.

So I haven't 100% decided that I won't go, but I'm about 90% sure that it's not worth it. There's really nobody who might be there that I would care that much about seeing.

--Fromper

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
I wouldn't dish out $130 for crappy food, two drinks, and feeling like a loner.

I would dish out $130 bribe money for my best friends to come and visit, though.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
That sounds pretty horrible! I don't know why you'd want to go to it at all. You'd have to pay me to go to something described like that.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Didn't go to mine. Still, curious what ever happened to my Chinese Friend who did a lot of my math homework. And those 2 girls who had planned to become high priced "call girls".

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I went to my 10 year reunion. I wasn't all that impressed with it so I never went to any of the others. For me, anyone that I am interested in seeing, I already keep in touch with. I had a few really good friends that I am still in contact with.
And it is a lot of money to spend to see a bunch of people that I don't really have anything in common with. I wasn't much of a social butterfly then, and I am not certainly not one now, lol.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the 10 year reunion was actually mildly interesting. I'm kinda glad I went, just for the experience. But I doubt if it will be worth doing again, especially for that much money. I'm really surprised they're charging so much, especially in this economy.

--Fromper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts