VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Ankle Biter
Joined
·
9,333 Posts
They're gorgeous! Happy birthday! But, no, I've never heard of them until now. I can say that I have adored both Matt & Nat bags I've purchased.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,299 Posts
I have a Matt & Nat bag. I haven't heard of that brand, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
$450 for a handbag? I can't even relate to that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

$450 for a handbag? I can't even relate to that.
Me either. I found myself mentally calculating how much dog food it would buy.
But I just wanted to say welcome back! I was wondering where you had been.

A lot of them are made in USA. That's awesome. To me anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

$450 for a handbag? I can't even relate to that.
Thank the FSM I'm not the only one. I almost spit out my tea when I saw that. I can't fathom ever paying that much for something to put my gum, wallet and tampons in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
And I was debating back and forth about spending $30 for my vegan wallet. But I buy lots of guitar related stuff that costs as much or more than that handbag so I guess it's about what is important to you.

Can't help you out on the brand but I can say that (so far) all of my vegan, made in the USA products have been super durable. If you like it I say go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, trust me, I had the same reaction. I've never owned a purse ( I kid you not) so hubby found these guys and thought I would like it for my 30th. I might be terrified to bring it to the vet clinic for fear of it getting damaged! LOL!

I think it's nice to see something that compares to high end purses that is vegan though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
WOW, I thought my new bag was high end. I have the Susanne Nichole "LOVE" bag, but I got it at 70% off right before the holidays. I wasn't even about to pay $95.00 for a bag.

Laura
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTigress View Post

Lol, trust me, I had the same reaction. I've never owned a purse ( I kid you not) so hubby found these guys and thought I would like it for my 30th. I might be terrified to bring it to the vet clinic for fear of it getting damaged! LOL!

I think it's nice to see something that compares to high end purses that is vegan though
Yeah I wouldn't want it anywhere near a vet clinic. The last thing you want is a dog finding it and having an accident on it or being sick on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

I don't mind paying a lot for something that I will use for years. They are lovely purses.
How long do women use the same purse though? A lot of women I know buy new ones or alternate between different purses on a regular basis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

How long do women use the same purse though? A lot of women I know buy new ones or alternate between different purses on a regular basis.
Depends on the person. My mom has a ridiculous number of them but doesn't use half of them... though she does rotate them on occasion.

I have three at the moment - one that I use every day (which I got for free
), one that's a cheap but fancy one for special occasions (it's in storage at my parents' house), and one that's good for traveling because it's across-the-body and it's easy to hold your hand over the zipper when you're in touristy (aka pickpocket-y) areas.


I usually only change purses when I decide the one that I'm using isn't working for some reason - too big or small for what I'm regularly carrying at that point, or broken beyond repair, etc. That doesn't happen very often, maybe every couple years.

I'd personally never spend $450 on a purse (I spend on traveling instead), but if you like it Tigress, it's a really beautiful purse.
 

·
Ankle Biter
Joined
·
9,333 Posts
Long before I went vegan, I was a purse snob.
I worked in money management, so it was quite prevalent for the professional women in my office to have high-end bags, brief cases and shoes. I still like a nice purse. I get lots of complements on the M & N I'm carrying now, but it honestly looks like high-end leather. When I first got it, I was a little disturbed as I hadn't carried a leather-looking purse for years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Yeah I wouldn't want it anywhere near a vet clinic. The last thing you want is a dog finding it and having an accident on it or being sick on it.

Lol I think I would have to keep it in my desk in the office if I brought it to work, it wuld cost more than any one item that I own, lol!!!

How long do women use the same purse though? A lot of women I know buy new ones or alternate between different purses on a regular basis.
I don't mind spending money on something that will last me a long time. I am not the type of girl who has lots of shoes or bags ( 2 pair of shoes - work ones and sneakers and no purses at all !) so this would be THEE purse.

I heard they are very durable as well. Women at my work have those gucci and louis vutton bags that are like 1200 bucks!! When I showed them this purse they thought it looked great, which is nice to see a vegan purse hold it's one fashion wise
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Long before I went vegan, I was a purse snob.
I worked in money management, so it was quite prevalent for the professional women in my office to have high-end bags, brief cases and shoes. I still like a nice purse. I get lots of complements on the M & N I'm carrying now, but it honestly looks like high-end leather. When I first got it, I was a little disturbed as I hadn't carried a leather-looking purse for years.
I looked at M & N purses too but they didn't seem as "structured" as I like. Does that make sense?
 

·
Ankle Biter
Joined
·
9,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTigress View Post

I looked at M & N purses too but they didn't seem as "structured" as I like. Does that make sense?
Oh yes - I was looking for something on the slouchy side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTigress View Post

I am not the type of girl who has lots of shoes or bags ( 2 pair of shoes - work ones and sneakers and no purses at all !) so this would be THEE purse.
VT, what do you carry your money and ID and things in now? Do you use a backpack or something, or just carry a loose wallet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Those are nice. Totally out of my price range, though.

I do have two Pansy Maiden handbags, and I'm saving up for a third. http://www.pansymaiden.com/
These ones are more my style, too. Vegan, sustainable, and handmade in USA.
Oh I like those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

VT, what do you carry your money and ID and things in now? Do you use a backpack or something, or just carry a loose wallet?
I just carry my bus pass and cards in my coat pocket lol! If I don't have a coat on that day I give them to hubby to carry
if I am carrying my IPad then I toss them in the shoulder bag. I really don't carry anything else
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top