VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the beginning of my journey to go vegetarian and eventually vegan. my motiviation is health reason since certain animal products make me sick, I thought it would be better for my stomach, breathing, and allergies to get rid of all the stuff. just thought i'd join a forum and meet some new veggie people.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the warm replies .....

the weird thing is that I like meat ... it just makes me extremely sick

yesterday i ate bacon ... this morning I woke up with a sore, swollen, throat ....

it is a sign

part of me thinks it would be easier to go veg
if it were motivated by ethical reasons ....you always hear those stories about people who just up and stopped eating meat after realising the inhumane condition and I haven't had that moment yet ... my mom grew up on a farm and tells me stories of finding her pet (cow, chicken, rabbit) on the dinner table, my uncle has been a vegetarian for almost 40 years, my childhood best friend is a vegan ... yet is a struggle

I know I need to go veg to maintain anything near a good quality of life ...

pork = throat allergies

read meat = stomach pains/cramping

milk = congestion, phlem production, rashes ....

poultry and fish = no serious reactions, but taste like cardboard

These were very mild while growing up and now seem to be going towards moderate reactions

Any tips? How do I get over this enjoy now, struggle later attitude? Maybe I need just good recipes so I have variety that keeps me insterested?

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_girl View Post

Maybe I need just good recipes so I have variety that keeps me insterested?
Thats so massively important (variety... There's not many things you can have the same of over and over and still feel comfortable), I know as I tend to have a repetitive diet, so variety must find a way somehow, even for the strict/eco-ethical vegans like me.

Anyway nice to meet you.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.