VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Nicole--vegan, a/r activist, from SF Bay Area. I've been lurking for a bit and have decided that I like this place, so I might as well introduce myself!

My loves: my kitties (Willis, Ephalba, Paloma), transpersonal psychology, vegan cooking, camping/hiking, giving in to wanderlust.

Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Again, thank you for all the welcomes!

Transpersonal psychology combines the best of the psychoanalytic, cognitive behavioral and humanistic pyschologies, but also recognizes that there is a world beyond our individual egos. Transpersonal literally means across or beyond the ego. So, a transpersonal therapist would use traditional psychotherapeutic techniques, but also recognizes the importance of spirtuality (not necessarily religion) in mental wellness as well as expanding/redefining consciousness. Basically, it's an integration of psychology and spirituality. If you're interested, some great writers in the field include Ken Wilber, Michael Washburn, Brian Cortright (excellent!), Stanislav Grof and Francis Vaughan. They are all much more eloquent in talking about transpersonal psychology!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts