VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apparently joined this a while ago, but completely forgot until I got a birthday message from the forum this morning (oops).

I'm a 21 y.o. female student with a love for cats, coffee, green tea and cacti. Yup. Oh, and the internet. Whoever invented that is a genius. I'm glad they realised that and awarded him the Nobel prize eventually.

I've been pesco-vegetarian from age 13, but I admit it's more of a habit now than anything particularly ethical. I've considered stopping eating fish, but I've decided that I won't do that at the moment because what I eat is limited enough for other reasons. Maybe later.

I joined in the hope of maybe finding interesting recipes to try and stuff.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hello Carrot and welcome back i guess. You really should reconsider the fish eating though. Most people here are not too fond of that (it's still some sort of meat). So if you're willing you will find a ton of recipes here that can help you make the transition.

May i ask what the other reasons are for you having a limited diet??

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Hello.

Just a note that this forum is for vegetarians/vegans and those trying to give up meat completely. If you have intentions of giving up fish you are more than welcome, if not it really isn't the place.

Please see the community guidelines here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thats a bit harse really. I don't see why she has to completely be similar to every other person on here. Fair enough she eats fish which is meat but she eats vegertarian. can the forum not be for vegs/vegans/people who want to give up meat/people who are interested in veg/vegan recipes.

bit closed minded to tell people its fully in or out. I'm sure her fish fingers won't be able to harm us non meat eaters online

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome. I will keep in mind not to mention my fish-eating, however, I am not exactly here to be preached to. I may make the transition when I see fit. I hope this doesn't get in the way of me being on the forum.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by araddishtoofar View Post

Thats a bit harse really. I don't see why she has to completely be similar to every other person on here. Fair enough she eats fish which is meat but she eats vegertarian. can the forum not be for vegs/vegans/people who want to give up meat/people who are interested in veg/vegan recipes.

bit closed minded to tell people its fully in or out. I'm sure her fish fingers won't be able to harm us non meat eaters online
People who eat fish are not vegetarian, or even "pesco-vegetarian". They are pescatarian. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_sticks View Post

Thank you for the welcome. I will keep in mind not to mention my fish-eating, however, I am not exactly here to be preached to. I may make the transition when I see fit. I hope this doesn't get in the way of me being on the forum.
I'd love to say welcome and that it doesn't get in the way, but it really does. You're not a vegetarian, and this forum is for vegetarians.

Some of us have suggested over the years having a section for omnivores to discuss with us, but this has generally been negatively received.

So now that you've mentioned that you're a pescatarian and don't really have any plans to go vegetarian, it's probably only a matter of time until you'll be banned. Sorry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
oh yes sorry closed communities where only your ideals are the utopia's we after. sorry.

so a pescatarian can't hold any vegetarian ideals? If you represent this closed, segregated community of bitter people who can't discuss things with others not like you I feel this community must be full of terrible people.

I am veg but I can happily discuss with people how they enjoyed their meal be it meat, fish, eggs, chocolate. In fact I can discuss with a person of a different religion , of a different sex to me the pleasantries of feminism vegan cooking.... but i'm neither a women nor a vegan. although I could I suppose be both some time down the line. maybe thats why they allow me to chat to them.

Do people like authors have only muslim-british women writer forums? allowing only this type? oh wait most people have realised being a complete idiot doesnt have a place in the modern world.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hey, woah, buddy! Don't shoot the messenger. I'm only saying what is inevitably going to be said the second the mods find this thread (if it's not, I'll be quite surprised - but pleasantly, because a chance to educate someone would be fantastic).

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by araddishtoofar View Post

oh yes sorry closed communities where only your ideals are the utopia's we after. sorry.

so a pescatarian can't hold any vegetarian ideals? If you represent this closed, segregated community of bitter people who can't discuss things with others not like you I feel this community must be full of terrible people.

I am veg but I can happily discuss with people how they enjoyed their meal be it meat, fish, eggs, chocolate. In fact I can discuss with a person of a different religion , of a different sex to me the pleasantries of feminism vegan cooking.... but i'm neither a women nor a vegan. although I could I suppose be both some time down the line. maybe thats why they allow me to chat to them.

Do people like authors have only muslim-british women writer forums? allowing only this type? oh wait most people have realised being a complete idiot doesnt have a place in the modern world.
In a big red box at the top of every page of this forum, visible when an account is not currently logged in, it says this:
Quote:
Please keep in mind, this is not just a vegetarian forum, this is a forum for vegetarians. In order to join you must either be a vegetarian or seriously considering going vegetarian.
The very first rule also says this:
Quote:
Rule #1

You must be a vegetarian or have a sincere interest in going vegetarian to register and/or post here. This is not just a vegetarian forum, this is a forum for vegetarians.

We obviously can't control what you eat but we can control what you tell us. If you are not currently vegetarian that needs to be your goal. That means no chicken and no fish. Discussion of eating meat, especially with no intention of giving it up, is not appropriate and will result in an immediate ban. Examples:

Not acceptable: "I am a vegetarian who still eats chicken/fish!"

Not ok because vegetarians do not eat chicken and/or fish. If you have no desire to give these things up then this site is not for you.

Acceptable: "I want to go vegetarian but I'm having trouble giving up chicken/fish, help!"

Ok because you're seeking help in going vegetarian.
This is a vegetarian forum. That's it, that's what it is, a forum for people who are vegetarian or want to be vegetarian. There are countless of other places on the internet intended for veg*ns and omnivores to mingle, but this is not one of them. It's intended to be a 'safe-haven' of sorts for veg*ns, where they can rant and rave, look for advice, post funny cat pictures, and spend time 'around' others that they (generally) share a main part of their life in common with. That's the way the owner Michael wants it, and that's how it will be. I'm sorry you have a problem with that, but that's the way it is. The only exceptions to this rule is users who were grandfathered in prior to the forum being deemed vegetarian-only, and people who joined but don't speak about their omnivorous diet, having it so everyone is under the assumption that they are veg*n (because after all, this is vegetarian forum).

·
Registered
21 Posts
fair enough.

I myself will be fine. It's just this attitutde I have found lends itself to some of the battering us veggatarians get daily from those who don't see out point of view.
I consider myself as a caring, all including person who is against injustice to anything. I just guess I see this as an injustice that I believe should be outside of these walls.

I think these rants though are part of my rant of being a veg. other veg people who are ultra millitant in there exclusions. So I guess I fit these walls fine. It's a shame though that through my responses I have destroyed carrot_sticks free passage into a world of veg-living. maybe one day she would have turned, but seeing our brutal treatment of thosse unlike us she now decides she wants to join a knitting community and knit instead of eat ....anything... just knit and clink her needles together producing scarf after scarf till eternity dissolves away....

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumani13 View Post

Hello, everyone, I am new here, and I want to know more here, and also hope we can have a good time here.
Welcome! But, wouldn't you rather make your own introduction thread than attempt to hijack someone else's?

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
People who own/run a forum are free to make rules for participation, just like having certain limits on behavior for guests in your house.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts