VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am 28, and have been vegan for 2 years. For me it was never really a choice, I adore animals and from a young age I had an obnoxious level of empathy for suffering of all creatures. Once I realized that my diet and lifestyle could mirror how I felt about the world there was no turning back. I have a 2 year old son that I am raising vegan as well, but will of course allow him to make his own decisions when he is a little older. For me veganisim was an extremely personal awakening and while I do all I can to help educate people about the horrors of animal abuse in many different industries I know that there is nothing I can do to change peoples hearts.

Hoping to find more like minded people here! I am in a veritable wasteland of omnivores, and since I work at a bar, my tattoos are topics of discussion frequently, but hardly ever received with anything other than bro's making the same jokes about killing animals and tasty bacon that I have heard all my life.

Excited to meet you all <3

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome! I feel similarly about it being a personal awakening. Watched earthlings and never looked back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts