VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm a new vegetarian... I decided to become one about a week ago after watching a video about the cruelty of animals. It's been a little hard to go from eating meat everyday to cutting it out completely, but I don't plan on ever eating it again. Anyways, nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi mandyy
I became veggie 6 days ago.

Welcome to the forum, its very supportive. xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Mandyy, hello and welcome. I've been veggie for about 20 years now. It ain't a thang.
Wow 20 years, that's a long time. I hope I make it that long :p

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyy View Post

Wow 20 years, that's a long time. I hope I make it that long :p
It's all about making the decision. You're in control and can make it happen. what's more important, your selfish desires or helping others? There are so many yummy vegan things out now compared to when i first started, it's great.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

It's all about making the decision. You're in control and can make it happen. what's more important, your selfish desires or helping others? There are so many yummy vegan things out now compared to when i first started, it's great.
I don't think I could go vegan just yet, I'm only vegetarian right now. Baby steps haha.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyy View Post

I don't think I could go vegan just yet, I'm only vegetarian right now. Baby steps haha.
No rush. just be informed and educated. i was vegetarian for about 2-3 years before going vegan. some of the best choices i've ever made hands down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Mandyy...i'm a newbie too. I wish you all the best with your new life style. Hopefully we can swap some starter tips

<3 Elle

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

No rush. just be informed and educated. i was vegetarian for about 2-3 years before going vegan. some of the best choices i've ever made hands down.
Yeah I'm thinking I'll become vegan once I move out, but for now vegetarian's good. I feel like I made a good choice, I'm even starting to feel disgust towards meat. Definitely happy with this choice.

And thanks elle, I'd love to swap tips.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome! You're going to love your new diet, there's just a learning period when you figure out what to eat in exchange. Definitely check out the veggie products at your local grocery store like Morningstar or gardein to help make the transition easier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.