VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I belonged to veggieboards for a long time, and forgot my user name, so I made this new one. (This has happened before, I've come and gone, changed names and so on). I stopped posting because there was no option but to eat meat. I was unemployed and living off whatever they gave me at food lines in 2009 and 2010. I still only have a part time job so I can only pay the rent, and insurance, but food is still a very rare thing to afford, so I have to rely on charity. Often I would not get enough food to eat, but they always give poor people meat. They are not too interested in fresh vegetables, or anything you can actually make a meal of. I used to take it and give it away to the neighbors, but one week I came home with meat and a can of tomato soup and that was all the food I had for the week, so I had to eat it.<br><br>
I've been off- and on vegetarian for about 10 years. I recently lost both my sister and brother to lifelong obesity and diet related illnesses (as well as inadequate insurance). Both died within 6 months of each other in 2010, and this month (2011). They were not very old either. In order to avoid suffering the same fate, I am returning to vegetarianism. Vegetarian will not be hard because I have done it before. I really do not have any reason to eat meat. I do not like (or dislike) it any better or worse than non-meat. It is simply a luxury which I cannot afford any more, and never wanted. I'll keep eating eggs because they are cheap.<br><br>
I still have some chicken in the freezer, but I will cook it for the dogs.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Welcome and at least you're in the know of what to do and expect. will be easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts