VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm in my early 20s, and I've been vegetarian for 6 years and vegan for 5 years. Motivating factors were the liner notes of some Moby CDs I bought (hehe, really), "Meet Your Meat", Fast Food Nation, and The Food Revolution. My main motivation for being veg'n is animal suffering; environmental impact is a secondary motivation. I've had a pretty easy time maintaining the actual diet. People around me are pretty indifferent, I cook for myself, and it's not hard as long as I keep it a secret.

Socially and psychologically, I feel like it's been kind of challenging. I'm kind of overdue to meet some other people who are also vegetarian, and for whom that is something important to their identity. Just to feel like I'm not off my rocker, and to see how other people are handling things. I'm also starting to become interested in activism, because right now I'm not doing anything except for having a certain diet. I feel like I could do way more than that, if I actually knew the right way to help...

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome! It's always nice to know people in your life who are going through what you are going through, but at least you have all of us on here who share a lot of your feelings and are here to listen and to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts