VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is John Cactus. I'm 20 years old and, yes, I am an omnivore. I directed here by a vegan friend who is a lurker (One who reads a lot of posts but never posts themselves.) on these boards. I'm constantly bugging her with questions so she decided to link me here so I can bug you with them. I don't intend to flame anyone or act stupidly just because you have different views than I do. As a Jewish person I know what it's like to have people try and push their views on you because your's aren't the same as theirs. I get "witnessed" to ALOT. Well that's who I am. Hopefully we can have some intelligent conversation together.

Oh and before I forget I was wondering something. Is there a such thing as Kosher Vegan food?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hey SuperCactus, what a funky username. Welcome!

I'm sure you will find good information here. This is a great community, with nice people, and we have many very knowledgeable members here.

Intelligent conversation is one of my favorite pastimes!

Of course there's Kosher Vegan food. For instance, Kosher Dill Pickles are, as far as I know, vegan. Just kidding, I'm sure other members will help you out with this question!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, and intelligent conversation is probably my favorite thing in the world. I'm smacking myself in the head for wording my question the way I did. What I meant was what are some good examples of Kosher Vegan food. Besides the pickles that is
. I look forward to conversing with everyone.

John

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Sounds like you'll get by with us just fine!

Welcome to the board.

ah yes, and miss lurker, I know you're reading this. come on in and post! we are not that bad people!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know why she doesn't post. I'll try and talk her into it, she never listens to me though. I'm still trying to get her in a dress. ONE TIME AMY! ONE TIME PLEASE! Uh, yeah. Alpaca, thatnks for the welcome

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Welcome, John. Is Cactus an old family name? Where are you from?

Hope we can provide you all the info you need. Personally, I'm clueless about what's Kosher or not, unless it has the logo on the side.

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Funky user name! Welcome, and intelligent conversation is awesome.

Hi lurker! Come on, we're not *that* scary...or are we?

I know a bit of kosher. It would be great to learn more though. Considering I don't eat meat or dairy, they don't mix, lol. I felt so sorry for one Jewish kid at a class party...all the pizzas had meat toppings, and a couple had ham. Poor kid. The Straight Dope had a good article on kosher once too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could see the jewish kid not eating the pizza because it had meat on it and he was a vegitarian. Having ham on it shouldn't be a problem unless he is either orthodox or, well actually unless he's not reform .lol. Ah the joys of being a non-practicing reformist jew. I can still eat it if it oinks. (I don't though, I did some spare time work on a pig farm and will never it pork again.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts