VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I've been vegetarian for 7 years now and it is the cornerstone of my life, a path that is challenged every day by those around me but something I know deep down is the way forward for the planet. If everyone was vegetarian I truly believe there would be no war, no hunger, no thirst, just a peaceful symbiotic existence in harmony with nature.

I've joined here because I'd like to hang out with like-minded people, maybe not to discuss grand ideas about saving the world (!) but just to chat, swap stories and recipes and hopefully make a few new friends

About me - I'm 33, I'm a child protection lawyer, I live with my girlfriend in East Anglia where we just moved 8 weeks ago from London and we are getting a Civil Partnership next year with any luck. She is the best thing in my life and what's more, since I've known her, she has turned veggie too

I'm into reading, music, dance and film as well as yoga and swimming. I love the countryside and one of the best things about moving here is being close to the coast - can't get enough of the sea.

That's it for now I think. Look forward to reading your posts and taking part in some discussions.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hello and welcome to Veggieboards.

I have the truly exhilarating pleasure of living in Middlesbrough, and would readily switch to East Anglia in an instant. Possibly get a job at Hillside Animal Sanctuary.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome! I tend to agree about the everyone going veggie thing, I dont often say it out loud though, as I get accused of being 'preachy'. I think some people just dont like their meat eating lifestyle to be questioned, possibly because of guilt. It's great that your girlfriend has gone veggie too - my boyfriend is still an omni, but only out of the house; I wont allow meat in our flat.
Hope you enjoy talking to some like minded people!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts