VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A hello and bit of an introduction. My name is Angel, 41 yo, and I've been a vegetarian for about a month. I quite accidentally came across an article called, "One Less Act of Violence" which prolly won't do anyone here any good because you've already become some version of the veggie-somethingorother, but it struck such a chord in me that my self-image became immediately, inexorably and permenantly aligned with that of a vegetarian - I will not eat meat again ever.

Two days ago I was following a recipe and was plodding right along when I ran into 'add one egg'. I stopped and thought about it. I decided I wanted to see what other people had to say about it and formulated a question and stuck it into a search engine. That's how I found veggieboards - by following a link which addressed my question. I gist of the question was "Should I eat eggs?" Candidly, I braced myself. My life experience had prepared me for religious zeal but I encouraged myself that there might be some useful insights if I could just get past that. I opened the post. There was a long list of responses. They all basically said exactly the same thing: "Do what's right for you." I was amazed. No, lecturing, posturing or ranting. Choice. So of course I chose not to proceed with my recipe and added eggs to that list of stuff I used to consider food but do not any longer.

Anywho, I was impressed by the responders of that post and found my way back as a result. I have recently moved and have much on my plate so I don't know how much I'll be around but I wanted to say thanks and you'll see me from time to time.

Angel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts