VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I'm new to Veggieboards too.

I've been veg for about 2 years now, and I'm so much better off for it, though I do still have a very few moments (usually when I'm at family get togethers) when I wonder why I went to vegetarianism. But those moments don't last long, and each time they're shorter and shorter. I guess the first couple of years are the worst.

I have recently purchased the "Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook," because I love to cook anything, and it's the greatest thing that I have bought! Some of the most amazing meals that I have made came from that book. So far, everything that I have tried has wowed my family and friends. Most of them don't know that they're not eating meat, especially when I gave them a piece of the "meatloaf". I highly recommend it.

I've been kicking around the idea of going vegan, or at least reducing my dependence on products (shoes, cheeses, eggs, etc) that come from any animals. If anyone has any advice, even a book suggestion or a website that I could check out, I would really appreciate it. I think I can do it, I just don't know where to start!!

Nice to meet all of you,

Natal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Natalgator said:
Hey there,

I'm new to Veggieboards too.

I've been veg for about 2 years now, and I'm so much better off for it, though I do still have a very few moments (usually when I'm at family get togethers) when I wonder why I went to vegetarianism. But those moments don't last long, and each time they're shorter and shorter. I guess the first couple of years are the worst.

I have recently purchased the "Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook," because I love to cook anything, and it's the greatest thing that I have bought! Some of the most amazing meals that I have made came from that book. So far, everything that I have tried has wowed my family and friends. Most of them don't know that they're not eating meat, especially when I gave them a piece of the "meatloaf". I highly recommend it.

I've been kicking around the idea of going vegan, or at least reducing my dependence on products (shoes, cheeses, eggs, etc) that come from any animals. If anyone has any advice, even a book suggestion or a website that I could check out, I would really appreciate it. I think I can do it, I just don't know where to start!!

Nice to meet all of you,

Natal

If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.

~ Sir Paul McCartney

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Welcome to VB!

I'm a recent 'convert' to veganism and I don't have that many tips. I guess the only thing I would say, and I know it's different for different people, is that all the time I was 'minimising' dairy and eggs, hesitating around the matter, wondering whether I should allow myself a piece of dairy chocolate TODAY since I hadn't had any in two weeks, etc, it was really difficult. It felt like a diet and I was always 'cheating' on it and feeling guilty and sometimes it didn't seem like I was eating any less than before I knew about the horrors of dairy & egg production. When I decided just to go for it and be vegan, it got much easier very fast because I had 'rules' I could stick to and it felt more like part of me.

Anyway, however far you decide to take veg*nism, good luck!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Welcome to VeggieBoards!
Whenever I have those "moments" you described I go on the PETA website and watch "Meet Your Meat". I find it as an effective re-inforcement. Also I wish you luck with veganism!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i know what u mean. i want to be a vegan but its hard because milk is in everything ... i will defferently do it when i learn more about it ... and what tp eat etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts