VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, ive jsut recently turned vegetarian and in a family of meat eaters it hasnt been easy actually its been pretty hard cos everyones angry at me lol im like im not insulting ur cooking neway it doenst matter thats so besides the point cos nothign is gonna make me change my mind. This site has been really informative so far and so yeh this looks fun!

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Welcome to VeggieBoards!

Keep at it. I have to deal with the "You shouldn't be vegan." stuff. I got support in the beginning, but medical problems have killed the support from my family.

You know you're doing what's right for you. That's what matters.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was also raised in a family of meat eaters. My father is a hunter in fact. Just keep in mind that the decision to eat animals or not is a very personal choice and one that only you can make. You're doing what feels right to you and that's all that matters. Just make sure to get all the nutrients you need (and you can tell your family that people need certain nutrients, NOT certain foods, like meat or dairy. There are plenty of other BETTER sources). I know it can be challenging in a house of carnivores... living on side dishes and so forth. Good luck and congratulations for being wise enough and strong enough to make the decision to go veg!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.