VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Jen i'm 25 and a new vegetarian. I'm from a big meat eater town its hard to eat out and i'm the only vegetarian among my friends. Like Heather I was a junk food addict, I was a big mac freak. Since becoming vegetarian I feel a lot better and less heath problems. I don't miss meat at all. But i'm finding it really hard to deal with the comments people are making about my choice. How do you guys deal with it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi and welcome!!!

I myself am from a big meater place... I live in Texas.
And I actually don't have any friends that are vegetarian or vegan for that matter, but that's why veggieboards is so great! Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome Jen! You already read my intro. My name is Heather. I just made the decision to go vegetarian yesterday, but after watching Meet Your Meat, I have decided to go vegan. All the way! LOL. I have not told enough people yet to get any comments! But my theory is that you know you are doing good for your health and the wellbeing of the animals so who gives a darn what other people think! LOL!

Happy to meet you

Heather

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
It's hard to ignore the comments. But if people are challenging you, try not to get worked up about it. You most likely care about the argument much more than them, so you will just end up making yourself upset when they don't listen.

Welcome to VB!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts