VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Vegetarianism 2 months old

I have read quite a few articles that make it seem easy, but I find one thing to be constant. Each time at Meal time I end up going doh! what will i eat.

I have been adding new meals to my diet on a semi regular basis.

I am concerned for my general nutrition levels, and am feeling the tug to return to my old meat eating lifestyle, but would rather not do that because the reason I became a veggie is a spiritual one.

I would be grateful for any help that points me in the correct direction.

Hope to learn a lot here

cheers everyone.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Hello and welcome. We have a really good recipe section on this site. Lots of different types of meals. A few useful stables: rice, beans, torts, pb&j, nuts, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, welcome!

It's not that hard as it seems. Meals were a nightmare to me too, but now I love making my own food. It looks pretty and colorful, it's tasty and, most important of all, it's nutritious.
Vegetarianism opens a whole new world of creativity, you just have to find the doors.
Read recipes, read everything about food, that looks interesting to you, just read and get informed as much as you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been trying to add a few new recipes to my diet every week, some weeks are better than others.

Part of my reason for going veggie is because I have some long standing physical discomforts - I am the healthiest sick person I know
The only thing I haven't tried is controlling my diet.

I have noticed when I have good days, they seem to be way better than my good days before when I was eating meat.

I also seem to have more ups and downs being a veggie with how I feel. - Is this typical?

I am hoping to detox a bit, and clean up my system.

Sometimes I think I eat way to much just because I am worried that I am not getting meeting all my nutrition needs.

I think my biggest concern is making sure I eat enough of the right foods to meet my RDA. I don't want to end up going deficient in any vitamins and minerals especially protein.

Is there an easy way to know this.

I haven't started a food log, I am beginning to think its a must if i want to know for sure? that i am.

I get confused on recipes though because They don't typically tell you whats in them ;(

Thanks for the tip about the recipe section I will have to check it out.

I have been trying to follow my veggie food pyramid - can anyone validate if they are accurate? or should be followed.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome,

I just posted in the new vegetarian section, and could use all the input i can get.

Thanks,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the boards! You will find alot of support here. I find that planning ahead helps me with the "what am I going to eat now" dilemma. I try to have 2 or 3 quick meals that I can go to when I am short on time or when all I have access to is a microwave. The one thing that has helped me tremendously is TRYING NEW THINGS. Everyone has different tastes, but I have tried to keep an open mind and I continue to try new foods. I haven't fallen in love with tofu yet, but I haven't given up on it either. Best of luck to you and don't hesitate to turn to the boards with questions/issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts