VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name's Jose and I'm from South Carolina.

I'm a very new Vegetarian...as in I decided to become one only 4 days ago, due to health concerns.

I reckon I can only call myself a semi-Vegetarian for the moment though, due to limited finances, I have to eat meat for a little while longer till I have the money to switch to a meat-free diet.

However I have been able to scrounge up money to try various Vegetarian meals (Morning Star Farms to be exact), and I must say that it's not as gross as I've always heard it is.

I look forward to learning about the different kinds of delicious Vegetarian food around here!

·
Registered
753 Posts
You can save money by learning to cook with bulk legumes, grains, and seeds. There are some good grain/bean veggie burger recipes which freeze well and are really cheap.
But it really important to find what works for you in the long run.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smemae94 View Post

Welcome to VB, Jose. You're going to love it here!
Thanks you.

It looks like a chill place so I'm sure I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepticalVegan View Post

You can save money by learning to cook with bulk legumes, grains, and seeds. There are some good grain/bean veggie burger recipes which freeze well and are really cheap.
But it really important to find what works for you in the long run.
I'm not much of a cooker, that would be my GF.

She considers herself "Almost a Vegetarian, but loves chicken too much". But I have been giving her some of the Vegetation food I've bought and she really likes it. Perhaps I can show her some of these recipes and she can make them for us to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

hi nice to meet you
Nice to meet you too. =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts