VeggieBoards banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Heh. Teacher stuff is hard. When I moved from Michigan a couple of years ago, I pared down my "teacher pile" (which occupied nearly a whole room in my apartment, plus stuff that was at work).

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Of the "seven deadly sins", gluttony is my main endulgence, so I can definetely commiserate with you. I'm getting better, but my house is full of stuff I don't need, and nearly daily I contemplate about buying something else I don't need but want... You could say money burns a hole in my pocket. I have a good deal of money in savings that I should save for emergencies like vet bills and car expenses, but it's so tempting to see 4 digits of cash just sitting there and then see a Best Buy advertisement and all the goodies I could accumulate with that money.

I really admire people who can live simply.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well I'm working on it. As it comes in, I look at it and myself and I discuss if I really need it. So far we have shipped over half back. I do need clothes, though. Everything I own just bags and sags on me. I have enough now it is almost time to quit. Did you know when you loose 92 lbs. your shoes all get way too big also? I had forgot that. I will have to hold up my befores and have a little fashion show of the now. Be warned. I am still not thin.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Oh heck if I lost 92 pounds, that'd definetely call for a celebration clothes shopping spree. You get a free pass on that, except you have to do it in real stores, not the internet, so that you can try on the clothes and show off to everyone how good you look.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
I'm almost the opposite of this.. I rarely spend on myself, and when I do, I feel very guilty, even if it is something that I need (i.e. nice slacks for my internship, which I bought at an outlet for cheap anyway). My best technique for avoiding buying things is when I want something online, I bookmark it or wishlist it or save it in a shopping cart, and come back the next day and THEN decide if its something I really want/need. It almost never is.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

That was gonna be my question.
How shall I sell these things, by the weight or by the inch or by the ornimentation. I bought them in grab bag lots of 6 and 8. then a few singles at a time.

Hold it. My spoose sayse he will help me set up a page to dispay all the junque I want to sell complete with pictures if you can wait a bit. I have the swords, 12 or so crystal bells, 162 porcelain dolls, comics from back in the sixties and angel figurines I could do without. I want to be a things gormet not a gromand. Did I say that right.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

I want to be a things gormet not a gromand. Did I say that right.
gourmet, not a gourmand.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.