VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to the good old days when getting in the car and making a mad dash to the mall was a form of entertainment? Where I would walk and walk, look and look, try on this and check out that, the finally buy something I totally didn't need, or on a sane day didn't buy anything at all. What happened to that side of sanity and socialization with the masses?

Now I am perfectly content to serf the web, check out my favorite clothing stores, HSN, shoe shops, and anything else that strikes my fancy. The only problem is this month, I got mad at my spoose and went nuts online with the credit cards. They are all in my name so I didn't hurt him a bit, and why I did it makes no sense to me at all. Why didn't I just yell at him? It would have been so much cheaper. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.
That pretty well puts the kabash on spending for the next three months or five. Oh well, I bought the farm, I'll have to plow the field.

Just tell me I am not the only one who has been this foolish and I won't feel so bad. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I lost my mind at Lush a couple months ago and spent over $150 (which is a LOT on a poor-student budget). I definitely had some buyer's remorse, but on the plus side I won't be making another Lush trip for a while, since these products should last me.

Is it possible to return some of the items you bought?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
You are so totally, not alone! I do really good for a few months and then always fall off the wagon. It never has to do with the fact that I'm mad at my spouse, it's usually the self image thing, where I think if I buy the newest fashion it's going to help me look thinner, or more attractive, yadda, yadda, yadda. Of I'm tired and I think the latest gadget is going to help me save time and energy. The thing that helped me the most in controlling the spending sprees is the book, the Zen of Eating. I know it's supposed to be about dieting, but I am able to apply the principles to other aspects of my life, including the spending. I agree with you that boredom can be an issue and also the internet makes it way to easy for us to spend. Just keep pluggin' and don't give up trying to be strong. Sometimes what helps me is I keep the tags on and receipts and then when I've come to my senses, I can return the purchase if I decide it's really not worth it. Good luck!

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can return all but one thing, of course I shall loose money in shipping, but I guess I'll have to figure the percentages on each one. It's not like I can't afford it. It is just that I just don't need any of it.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I sat my self down and got it all figured out last night. I'll send it all back and bite the bullet on the postage. I looked it all over and it wasn't near as bad as I thought. I have a 7 day balancing act I will have to walk through, other than that. We cool.

Okay, Who would like to buy a video game for your pc, a sword, a procelain doll, a crystal bell, or a unique mug for one of your loved ones for Christmas? It is time I had a massive sale of all the old stuff I used to collect. My prices are very reasonable. Cheap even. Just ask me if I have it. You just might be surprised.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kind are you interested in? I have two claymores, a couple of Roman short swords, about 3 fantasy weird looking swords my momma wouldn't have in her house, Excalibar, some oriental types, a military saber, a pirate cutlass, there may be more hiding around here.I had a flamberge, but my kid carried it off. Oh, and a sword cane, and a stick sword in ebony finish enless my kid carried that off too.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Naw, There's only one that is light enough for me to do any damage with. Give me a pistol every time.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

What kind are you interested in? I have two claymores, a couple of Roman short swords, about 3 fantasy weird looking swords my momma wouldn't have in her house, Excalibar, some oriental types, a military saber, a pirate cutlass, there may be more hiding around here.I had a flamberge, but my kid carried it off. Oh, and a sword cane, and a stick sword in ebony finish enless my kid carried that off too.
wow.

Our theatre company is always looking for more swords. Rapiers and Claymores mostly, but all kinds of swords get used in our productions (mostly for Shakespeare) every year....

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tell me when you come through Oklahoma next. I'll meet you in the City and you can go through them all. Then you can UPS them to Hawaii. I wouldn't charge more than $25. a sword max. if you took a whole bunch.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Oooh I feel your pain. My parents and I went to Chicago for a trip about a month ago and I ended up buying a bunch of crap. Mom is a shopaholic herself so she is not the best person to be with when you are trying to stay on a budget. I would hesitate on purchasing something and she'd yell "just buy it already!!" I didn't get anything too crazy, but I did feel a little sick as I was unpacking the bags once I was at home.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I have been seriously resisiting the shopping urge since I got a pretty substantial raise in August, but I just got another one.... And I'm moving into a new place today, so I can see some home decor shopping comming my way in the very near future.

I'm thinking I need another couch. (I have an loveseat sized one, so that can be come the love seat, and the new couch can be a real full sized one).

Not to mention the awesome grocery fest I get to go on. I let my supplies dwindle down to almost nothing, so now I get to go buy a whole cart full of groceries... And I'm going all organic (or as much as feasible).

Now, I realise this is stuff I need, but I am planning on spending much more than necessary on all of it...

Don't try to stop me. Or wait... Maybe someone should try to talk me down.

Whichever....

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahjayn1980 View Post

I am in serious debt, but I only have one vein of my life that I spend too much money on. Oddly enough, it's my work.
Aren't you a teacher? Don't I remember that? I was too. I had no idea how much I was spending on school and the kids until I retired.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I'm another teacher that spends too much money on my class. My husband keeps track for me and lets me know every 5 seconds. *rolls eyes*

1 - 20 of 32 Posts