VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI EVERYONE,IM A MUM OF 2 WHO RECENTLY(3 WEEKS AGO)GAVE UP MEAT OF ANY KIND BASICLY ANYTHING THAT HAS A FACE I WONT TOUCH,BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS THE SAME PROB WHEN THEY STARTED,I HAVE GAINED ALOT OF WEIGHT IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS DUE TOO MY BRAIN/STOMACH NOW TELLING ME IM HUNGARY ALL THE TIME, DO U THINK THIS IS JUST THE SHOCK OF MY BODY NOT EATING THE MEAT WHICH DOES FILL US UP AND NOW EATING LOTS OF FRUIT/VEG BREAD,POTATOES ETC,TOO BE HONEST I THOUGHT ONCE I WENT VEGGIE I WOULD LOSE A FEW POUNDS NOT GAIN 8 POUNDS!!!I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT MY SKIN HAS BECOME A BIT SPOTTY,IS THIS NORMAL?

ANYWAYS APART FROM THE WEIGHT GAIN,SPOTS, I FEEL ALOT BETTER LESS GUILTY AND JUST LOVE THE HEATED DEBATES IM HAVING WITH MY FAMILY ABOUT WHY IM NOW A VEGGIE THEY THINK ITS JUST A PHASE IM GOING THROUGH LOL IM 29,IM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS FORUM.

THANKS PAULA X

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
*waves back*

Welcome to VB!
Congrats on going veg!

We can't really answer your questions unless you let us know exactly what kinds of foods you've been eating. If you're eating a lot of vegetarian junk food, that could be the problem.

Please tell us what your diet looks like, and then we can help you.

Oh, and by the way, please don't type your posts in all caps. On the internet, typing in all caps is considered the equivalent of shouting. It also makes your posts hard to read, which is prohibited in the posting guidelines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

*waves back*

Welcome to VB!
Congrats on going veg!

We can't really answer your questions unless you let us know exactly what kinds of foods you've been eating. If you're eating a lot of vegetarian junk food, that could be the problem.

Please tell us what your diet looks like, and then we can help you.

Oh, and by the way, please don't type your posts in all caps. On the internet, typing in all caps is considered the equivalent of shouting. It also makes your posts hard to read, which is prohibited in the posting guidelines.
hi sorry for writing in capitals i didnt realise,really i think what is wrong with my diet i seem to be eating alot of bread to fill myself up and im also snacking on loads of nuts,bananas,rasins,yoghurts,basicly anything without meat in it but nothing seems to be filling me up
im starving all the time lol

please help me before i get as big as our house!!!!any ideas

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
You might be short on proteins and fats. You need this combination to fill you up for longer. Try healthy fats like olive oil. Avocado is a fruit that is great for this, providing lots of essential fatty acids.

What are your current protein sources? Try beans, (borlotti, chickpeas/garbanzos, kidney beans) or lentils, or tofu. Meat substitutes include TVP, which might help you to feel less 'deprived' (as if you could, with all the veggie bounty!).

It also may be a psychological block - you've cut out something, so you are just getting used to it, mentally. And the physical changes you are seeing are probably a manifestation of your change in diet. It should settle down soon.

I hope that helps!

pirate x

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi there, so glad you made the switch!

Congrats!

Some people do find that they get spots or skin conditions when they first turn veggie - something to do with your body reacting to the change in diet I think.

As for putting on weight, the things you are snacking on sound ok, except I think nuts contain a lot of fat, so eat them in moderation. You could try low fat bread (I think there is one called Nimble or something) or eating rye bread or rice cakes instead. Apparently drinking plenty of water also fills you up.

Are you eating out of boredom maybe? Meaning when you eat are you actually hungry?

Do you have any Quorn/ vegemince/ soya products with your meals? They can also help to fill you up.

Hope this helps!

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
welcome.

you could try a snack of vegetarian baked beans with notdogs cut up in them! It's a tried and true quck snack loved by children and adults alike!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hiya!
Welcome and congrats on going veg!

Be sure to check out the recipe section of VB, too, for lots of ideas of yummy veg*n foods!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.